Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

He may not be the all out creator, but he's a smart man. He wouldn't put his name to something that he didn't think they could pull off.

If anything the contract he signed was probably a lot like the one that lionsgate supposedly signed, where it was agreed the majority of effects must be maintained and active. And that's a good thing. By Merlin's standards Saw has some of the most consistent an well maintained effects in the country. Then compare it to the smiler where the projectors didn't last a whole season, the mist on the first drop disappeared quickly, and half the marmaliser is already broke.

I think this is more than him just slapping his name on a ready-made ride. It just isn't his style...

Jart, this does look like it could be for the ride and if it is then we've got Dynamic Attractions.(gasps with excitement)

However, I don't think it would have been given away this easily. As previously mentioned, an agreement would have been made to keep things secret.

EDIT: Jart, you have this incredible ability to pop up when we need you! Thanks.

Jart, this does look like it could be for the ride and if it is then we've got Dynamic Attractions.(gasps with excitement)

However, I don't think it would have been given away this easily. As previously mentioned, an agreement would have been made to keep things secret.

EDIT: Jart, you have this incredible ability to pop up when we need you! Thanks.

Why thanks ;)

Oh look, is that a mystery Dynamic Attractions project for 2016?

http://www.dynamicattractions.com/adventures/robotic-track/

Why thanks ;)

Oh look, is that a mystery Dynamic Attractions project for 2016?

http://www.dynamicattractions.com/adventures/robotic-track/

If this is the ride type, wouldn't the throughput be horrific? There are 4 seats per ride.

Although, the other picture with the gears and the clocks look very much like they could be to do with the ride.

Did Dynamic Attractions just give the game away? Call me speculative, but the artwork used on their IAAPA booth look rather curious... (note the clockwork gears and pocket watch)

dynamic-attractions-6.jpg?w=660

Well MattyMoo is going to just love this Jart appearance.

I'd cautiously say those images are startlingly similar to what we've seen for this attraction, and if it were to be this from Dynamic I'd be ecstatic, and shocked. The tower on the left depicts the development at Ferrari World, anyone know if this has a cog based theme? Anyone know what the images on the right hand tower are from and if the pocket watch relates to whatever hat is in any way?

The tower on the left isn't purely about Ferrari World. It depicts the flying theatre too. Anyway, I don't think the right tower is to do with any particular ride. It just looks like construction of various attractions.

I believe The SFX coaster is themed around being inside a Ferrari engine and the specific parts that make the car. So cogs would certainly fit with the theme.

If this is what Thorpe Park are building, then humble pie I shall happily eat!

I see people's point though, is the building big enough for this? though I suppose they could employ the same thing they do on transformers, and use one large screen for 4 different scenes, a quarter each.

I am reservedly optimistic for the first time, but that Dynamic Attractions booth does look very similar, but could be a red herring.

His show tonight was brilliant, my whole family watched and were so entertained!! Believe what you want to believe from his shows, but overall he is an amazing entertainer and really gets you hooked. Banana anecdote...

Kept an eye out for anything that could be wc16 related but nothing stood out (the speculation game is still on though)

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic