Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

If they are spending lots on the actual ride, surely they could have invested more in the queue...

This is the trouble though; they're quite limited in what they can practically do.  

They've started with a completely blank piece of land, and haven't need to to change that.  They can't let you weave in and out the ride (like with, say, Colossus) for obvious reasons, which already rules out a great queueing method.  So with limited space, and likely wanting to avoid a multi level queue, there isn't really much else to do other than a cattle pen.

Hopefully they'll add some bits in to make it interesting.  If the queue stays true to the plans, they'll be some spaces for some theming features (not too dissimilar to Saw's queue), and possibly some queue line TVs which will help.  I'd love it if there were some subliminal messages or something hidden throughout the queue; that would really help create the "experience starts when you enter the queue" vibe which theme parks should go for.

...possibly some queue line TVs which will help. I'd love it if there were some subliminal messages or something hidden throughout the queue; that would really help create the "experience starts when you enter the queue" vibe which theme parks should go for.

I just got a mental image of Derren being on the screens in the queue like the creepy guy on Oblivion...

I like the fact that the ride is simply called 'Ghost Train'.  Simple, sinister, sums up what we believe is in the building.  The fact they have tagged on Derren Brown, (and I say tagged as his name is in smaller non bold font) suggest this is more of a promotion for the ride.  A bit like Madam Tussauds 'Wax Works' back in the day.

I think the ride will be known more commonly as 'Ghost Train' to the general public, with Derren mentioned in and around the conversation.

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train? Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey which is always just Forbidden Journey. Same with Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts being Gringotts. Isn't Derren Brown's Ghost Train on a similar note of these names? The IP tagged in front of something more ride like. It will almost definitely be referred  to as Ghost Train by guests. 

I don't have a problem with the name.

At first glance it sounds very simple and basic. However when you think about Derren's Other work such as Derren Brown's Apicalypse (simulation of the end of the world or Derren Brown's Push to the edge (getting someone to think they've pushed someone to their end) the name starts to make perfect sense.

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train? Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey which is always just Forbidden Journey. Same with Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts being Gringotts. Isn't Derren Brown's Ghost Train on a similar note of these names? The IP tagged in front of something more ride like. It will almost definitely be referred  to as Ghost Train by guests. 

Or Derren Brown The Ride

will most likely be 'let's go on the derren brown ride next'

I like the fact that the ride is simply called 'Ghost Train'. Simple, sinister, sums up what we believe is in the building. The fact they have tagged on Derren Brown, (and I say tagged as his name is in smaller non bold font) suggest this is more of a promotion for the ride. A bit like Madam Tussauds 'Wax Works' back in the day.

I think the ride will be known more commonly as 'Ghost Train' to the general public, with Derren mentioned in and around the conversation.

There's way more sinister names out there than a fairground ride. The Smiler is more sinister than this and that sounds like a kid's toy (but I do like the name Smiler!)

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

I quite like the idea of it being called Derren Browns Ghost Train 

the fact that 1 derren brown isn't your average human being but it also crosses over with the fact of what people think a normal seaside resort ghost train would be like 

so people expecting to go in sit down go round with some jump scares but they literally have no clue what there into, so I feel its quite mysterious name!

by the way I'm new to all this and there hasn't been one day I haven't looked at this forum so much information has come out of it so thanks everyone :) 

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic