Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

That's correct, so they couldn't legally do anything even if they wanted to.

Technically they can, Thorpe is private property with a fenced secure border, so by definition it qualifies for a 'reasonable expedition of privacy' within the boundaries of the property when the place is closed to the public which makes anybody taking photo's from the outside technically in breach of Article 8 of the Human Rights Act, if the photos are published in public and include the personal details of individuals (such as workmen working on site) then you could also fall foul of the Data Protection Act, given Thorpe's closeness to Heathrow, there may also be other restrictions in place, and heaven forbid anybody is actually stupid enough to fly a drone over the place without the correct paperwork in hand, they also fall foul of numerous CAA regulations, and believe me you don't want to screw with those people.

I use the description 'technically' because by the definition of the law they can, but enforcing it is a whole other can of worms.

JUk9TAt.jpg

There goes my crazy dream that the ride just might possibly be open on the pass holder day.

I have a feeling it could open in Easter though, if the building and testing is finished and everything. It would attract more crowds during the holidays which is good for Thorpe but not so good for everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CAA regulations, and believe me you don't want to screw with those people.

Unless of course your drone is autonomous.  They don't yet have any laws regarding a drone that is technically not flown or controlled by an individual!

A problem in my line of work as I am a commercial pilot!

Unless of course your drone is autonomous.  They don't yet have any laws regarding a drone that is technically not flown or controlled by an individual!

A problem in my line of work as I am a commercial pilot!

Don't the regulations state that they are effectively banned? I.e. pilot must be within line of site and/or use a spotter regardless of whether the drone is autonomous or not.

The problem is a minority have ruined it for the majority, we never had these issues back in the 80's, but then it was quiet difficult to do vertical takeoff back then too lol.

Just a thought on opening. Derren Brown is touring, spending the latter half of May in Ireland,so he won't be available to do the launch of the ride or the prize winning meet and great thing. The week before he is in Bristol, so not too far away, but the first week of May he has off. I think they are really going to be trying for opening at the end of the first week of May. Perhaps a soft opening in the week, then Derren officially opening on the Saturday?

Just a thought on opening. Derren Brown is touring, spending the latter half of May in Ireland,so he won't be available to do the launch of the ride or the prize winning meet and great thing. The week before he is in Bristol, so not too far away, but the first week of May he has off. I think they are really going to be trying for opening at the end of the first week of May. Perhaps a soft opening in the week, then Derren officially opening on the Saturday?

I swear he has a few days of in March though (coinciding with the opening weekend of the park)?

I just hope the ride opens sooner rather than later. I can't wait to ride it!!

I swear he has a few days of in March though (coinciding with the opening weekend of the park)?

I just hope the ride opens sooner rather than later. I can't wait to ride it!!

It was confirmed in an interview that the attraction is expected to be opening in May.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I just want to put it out there. As someone who has spent the last few months figuring out the minds wanted clues, I am absolutely furious that they are now revealing how to unlock the clues on their facebook page. This has made a complete mockery of the competition and reduces the chances of winning to the people that have actually bothered working them out. It's like on those ITV phone in competions with the ridiculously easy multiple choice question for them to say at the end of the episode... by the way the answer was B...

Sorry for the rant but feel proper let down.

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic