Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

I distinctly remember someone saying Mid/Late 2015 that they were told by a friend or something who was involved with DBGT that it was going to be called "Derren Brown's Ghost Train" and was made by Simworx before it was even revealed. I think a few people doubted the person at the time, but thinking about it now..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed there was:  http://forum.maniahub.com/topic/11038-derren-browns-ghost-train-new-for-2016/page-11#entry223103

One of the few times when "a friend of friend" story has actually given correct information! :P

I remember someone saying there was going to be a train carriage in there for the last 6 months  :ph34r:

Was it Jart?   :ph34r:

TPC: Thay are just awful, Isn't that enough?

Small print. This is the opinion of me as me, not as Mod, or any sort of representative of TPM. This is not the view of TPM.

DBGT: although the cattle pens were on the plans there were also rumours of this being an entirely R&R affair, which would have negated the need for them and would have bben a very small deviation from/amendment to the plans. So a shame to see them, and indicates R&R will not be in use after all.

Hopefully they pre-determined a winner from the first few hundred. As long as it's a TPM member I'm happy. I would hate to see someone from Theme Park Collective win.

Ouch. That really hurts....

TPC:  They are just awful, isn't that enough?

Small print. This is the opinion of me as me, not as Mod, or any sort of representative of TPM. This is not the view of TPM.

DBGT: although the cattle pens were on the plans there were also rumours of this being an entirely R&R affair, which would have negated the need for them and would have bben a very small deviation from/amendment to the plans. So a shame to see them, and indicates R&R will not be in use after all.

Looks like we need some aloe vera for that burn :/

Edit by Tommy:  Feel free to have a presence on Thorpe Park Mania Forums, but do not spam or double post, many thanks

Edited by Tommy
Double posting

Don't know if anyone has seen this article 

Thorpe Park has added to its corporate packages to coincide with the opening of its new Derren Brown Ghost Train attraction.

ghost-20160208042248118.pngThorpe Park has launched Derren Brown corporate packages

The theme park’s new ‘Creating a Fearless Workplace’ package offers exclusive access to the new Derren Brown’s Ghost Train, which takes delegates on a 10-15 minute journey with live action sequences, 4D special effects, grand-scale illusions, next-generation technology, and physical transit. 

After this, delegates will enjoy a two-course lunch, before an hour-long talk by international keynote speaker Richard Nugent, which will focus on stamping out fear in the workplace and increasing confidence.

Delegates will then have access to the parks rides.

The resort is also launching a new ‘Victorian Ride and Dine’ package featuring the Derren Brown Ghost Train. The package offers parties with a minimum booking of 100 people private access to the theme park for £125 plus VAT per person. 

The Victorian dining experience starts at 7pm with a drinks reception, before delegates are granted exclusive access to three rides of the client’s choice, including the new ghost train. Delegates will then enjoy a Victorian-inspired menu created by catering company Vanilla Bean, which includes dishes such as butterfly leg of lamb, mushroom wellington and apple and Earl Grey tea trifle. 

Video posted by Thorpe given Clues 1-6 of mindswanted competition:

So Clue 7 remains a mystery.  And, if I remember correctly, the actual answer to Clue 7 isn't on the forums, so it has remained as secret as possible!  :P

Competition closes in a few days too, if anyone is still thinking about taking part!

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic