Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

It's an absolute disgrace nobody from TPM won it!!!! We DESERVE it, we put lots of effort in!1!!! I demand a refund IMMEDIATELY!!!!

WE ARE THE NUMBER 1 FAAAAAAANS!!!

Sorry I forgot we were the only people who followed it. Plus they had to get the last clue so they won it fair and square. And it's not like you won't get to ride it, it'll be like a day or 2

My only worry right now is still with VR. Is it too early for VR to be used in theme parks as early adopters to the system. What happens if some of the VR headsets break and they can't get new ones straight away? Experience ruined? Being the first round of VR as well how do we now that there won't be experience ruining glitches in the software. Overall I think it is too early for VR. Have we seen Disney/Universal use VR headsets yet? No, and I think that there is a good reason for that.

I expect we will see a huge ramp up in the marketing when there is a confirmed opening date for the ride. 

Absolutely and knowing Thorpe, it will be the standard in your face that Merlin go for. I was just commenting more that this has been the quitest construction topic of all time. ;)

My only worry right now is still with VR. Is it too early for VR to be used in theme parks as early adopters to the system. What happens if some of the VR headsets break and they can't get new ones straight away? Experience ruined? Being the first round of VR as well how do we now that there won't be experience ruining glitches in the software. Overall I think it is too early for VR. Have we seen Disney/Universal use VR headsets yet? No, and I think that there is a good reason for that.

I'm sure there have been pleny of discussions with Europa in regard to the general use of the headsets, as easy as it is to bash (most of) Merlins decisions, I'm pretty sure they haven't gone into this blindly.

Absolutely and knowing Thorpe, it will be the standard in your face that Merlin go for. I was just commenting more that this has been the quitest construction topic of all time. ;)

I'm sure there have been pleny of discussions with Europa in regard to the general use of the headsets, as easy as it is to bash (most of) Merlins decisions, I'm pretty sure they haven't gone into this blindly.

They are using a completely different headset though. New software etc, not thoroughly tested. If they can't even get the projectors in the smiler queue to work how will they manage all these headsets.

1) I am not bashing Merlin just bringing up a topic of conversation.

2) They are going into this blind, as they say they are doing something never done before here.

3) My only worry is that if the likes of Disney/Universal haven't done it yet, Why haven't they done it yet.......There must be a good reason. I think I would just prefer the use of screens and projections before going straight onto a VR hype train

4) Europa are using the headsets for a completely different use, same with Galactica, at the end of the day if the tech stops working you still have a great ride just minus the headset. I wonder how the Derren Brown ride will be impacted if the VR section goes down. 

They are using a completely different headset though. New software etc, not thoroughly tested. If they can't even get the projectors in the smiler queue to work how will they manage all these headsets.

2) They are going into this blind, as they say they are doing something never done before here.

3) My only worry is that if the likes of Disney/Universal haven't done it yet, Why haven't they done it yet.......There must be a good reason. I think I would just prefer the use of screens and projections before going straight onto a VR hype train

4) Europa are using the headsets for a completely different use, same with Galactica, at the end of the day if the tech stops working you still have a great ride just minus the headset. I wonder how the Derren Brown ride will be impacted if the VR section goes down. 

I wonder if people said similar things when screen based rides started to come in years ago.

I dont think they are going into it blind - it will be thoroughly tested - I cant really see headsets breaking etc being an issue, they will no doubt have spares.

AS for the VR section going down- if there was to be a problem I expect that would be a shutdown like a technical problem on any other ride and closed to be fixed.

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic