Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

Tbh take every single ride at Thorpe look at staff when rides opened vs now....

X lost its indoor queue due to staff cuts. Loosing staff directly lead to limits on the number of people in the building.

Stealth opened with 10 or more staff , I havent seen 4 people loading in a long time. It currently on 2 trains runs with 6-7 staff

Colossus arguably the biggest coaster at thorpe suffers with bad throughputs due to design issues that plague it in terms of when you can dispatch trains and the restraint issues, but thorpe now rarely have 5 staff on Colossus 4 loading and operator.

The list goes on ....whilst even popular rides have massive cuts imagine the impact on the not so big ones

Honestly I understand the track record of Thorpe Park and Merlin with actor attractions but this is their largest ever investment and surely they can't screw this up... Also, we have no idea what's inside. Maybe only a couple of actors are needed... or maybe 10+... then I'd be worried

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I haven't had time to look at all of these, they are full of secrets and stuff, but I noticed a few things:

-"Fear is a fascinating thing" - Like the Dungeons Motto, "Fear is a funny thing"?

-"Tracks, its all about Tracks"

-"Room to Hide"

So much to see... O.o

Opening weekend, so I went peeking (from public areas) through some doors...

Door 1 - the suspected Immersive Tunnel end of the building:

2016mar16construction4.jpg

Door 2 - entrance for the assumed covered train carriage:

2016mar16construction6.jpg

Door 3 - to the left of the entrance sign

2016mar16construction17.jpg

Plenty more photos as usual at Total Thorpe Park.

I have to say, I'm impressed by the standard of the work so far on the building. Aside from the fact that they're only themeing 60% of it, what they are doing looks really high quality.

Bodes well for whatever it is we're getting inside the thing...!

Hopefully the inside will be as themed as the actual themed portion of the outside?

It looks bloody awful, people who say it'll be covered by trees clearly need their eyes testing and didn't notice the massive corner sticking out...

Just annoys me so much that they'd do so much effort and then just stop for no real reasoning...

One does have to wonder why they'd stop where they did, given it's always been the plan and the large sum of money they're putting into this thing. Surely the extra few hundred grand to even partially theme it would have been money well spent, and isn't that much when compared to the rumoured £30-40m budget? So maybe it's not even a budget thing, which leaves me all the more curious...

It is a shame, as the warehouse is really good, and had so much thought put into it. But the red shed does leave some unflattering angles of the attraction, to say the least.

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic