Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

What a strange and slightly disappointing place to put a queue shop.

Still excited but things like the garish brown exposed shed, shop & poor paving need to be considered when weighing the end result.

The for the avoidance of any doubt the queue line shop isn't going to sit in the middle of no where un themed please stop panicking!

What IS weird about that shop is that the queue only passes by it once, rather than twice on most new rides that have had them built...

Just a weird choice given history is all...

Unless my memory is failing me, I'm pretty sure that you only pass Swarm and Saw's queue line shops once (same for Inferno and Colossus too)? So I don't think it's something which has quite 'caught on' at Thorpe.

2016mar16construction12.jpg

Just pointing out that this queue line retail unit, looks so out of place, could've been better themed imo, its not even that accessible from said queue?

I'm pretty much certain that the unfenced section leading up to the shop will be part of the q line and therefore more accessible.

If not then yes, a very odd location to place it.

As far as I'm aware most ride shops only have one entrance

Colossus's one does, Saw's does, Swarm's does too I think. Atlantis, Fury & Vampires are also one entrance only too.

As far as I'm aware most of Tower's shops have closed/been replaced by vending this year due to cuts. In addition, Rita's shop has closed, Oblivion's appears to have closed & not yo mention Galactica's is now considerably smaller (but that was expected).

As far as I'm aware most ride shops only have one entrance

Colossus's one does, Saw's does, Swarm's does too I think. Atlantis, Fury & Vampires are also one entrance only too.

As far as I'm aware most of Tower's shops have closed/been replaced by vending this year due to cuts. In addition, Rita's shop has closed, Oblivion's appears to have closed & not yo mention Galactica's is now considerably smaller (but that was expected).

I think people are talking about the retail units in the queuelines :P

Fury's queue shop has two sides anyway, since its accessible (or was last time I went) from outside the queueline...

The retrofitted ones tend to only be one point of contact, built in ones have two, its a decent enough idea and one of Merlin's better ones...

Isn't that the Tokyo Potter? Since Hollywood isn't open yet?

Of course, it's no excuse for ANY park to have obvious sheds... I dunno why people think that saying "X park does it" is acceptable...

Hollywood's soft opening at the moment I believe. No it's definitely not an excuse, just showing it's not just a Merlin thing to those that may think it is :)

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic