Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

The levitating trains are £50 a pop.

Wasn't expecting it to be that expensive, but I'll still get it anyway. However I hope thorpe sell it online as I don't think I'll be able to go to thorpe again this year and it is a limited edition thing. I remember seeing that the train would be on sale at a later date. Does any know what date that will be?

I went to take a look around the shop yesterday and I have to say it looks really good.

A few highlights from me:

- The giant lenticular photo of Derren that follows you around the room.

- The shelf that disappears into the wall.

-The theming in general, it's brilliant.

- The egg timer that runs in reverse.

- The glass half full (half empty for all you pessimists).

It's also worth noting the photo counter at the ride exit/far end of the shop. If this is a group experience there's nothing I love more than taking and buying photos with strangers!

Loving the soundtrack so far. Imascore never fails to impress!

As for a soft opening, I doubt they'd do one because, as Josh said, the huge train thing is still sat outside the building, however it would be nice to have an unannounced and very little publicised soft opening to get timings right, etc.

Hello all, long time reader and first time posting - so be nice!

The audio is really quite intimidating, that paired with the scale of the building alone makes this attraction very menacing and oddly nerve racking. I really am pleased with the quality that has been pulled through the entirety of this project, at least from what we've seen.

In terms of will there be soft opening, I very much doubt it. THORPE PARK have confirmed themselves that the "Annual Pass Rehersal Day" is being used as a way to test the everything is working ready for the media preview on the 5th. Not only this but personally I can't really think of an attraction from Merlin having soft openings, and if they do it's normally very rare. Galactica at Alton Towers purely only had a soft opening due to them overestimating the time needed to get it ready, however I feel that as this is an entirely new attraction it will require a huge amount of testing. If the ride were to have any form of soft opening I would expect to see only one on the 5th, as this will also mean that those paying to try the attraction first on the MAP preview day wont feel conned out of money because they could have driven up on X date when it had soft opened.

Anyway, there just my thoughts on the soft opening idea!

The soundtrack sounds great around the area, and I agree - it's definitely got hints of The Asylum / Studio 13 in it. Nice one IMAscore.

And it has to be said, if the attraction is getting as much attention lavished on it as the shop - surely one of Merlin's best, as shops go! - there's much to look forward to.

Interesting to note what they're actually selling in the shop; I'm sure all will make sense when we've ridden...

• "Glass Half Empty" cups
  • Spray Paint Can flasks / pens
  • Victorian Bird Cage keyrings
  • Victorian Hand Mirrors
  • Chocolate "rocks"...

ghosttrain2.jpg

I was just looking at a picture of the photo collection point in the shop, and I can't help but notice that it is similar to that of Shreks Adventure.

The photos will probably come in an album pre printed and handed to you on your way out, like they do in shrek. I say this because of all the drawers they have there, exactly the same as shrek

I was just looking at a picture of the photo collection point in the shop, and I can't help but notice that it is similar to that of Shreks Adventure.

The photos will probably come in an album pre printed and handed to you on your way out, like they do in shrek. I say this because of all the drawers they have there, exactly the same as shrek

Sorry to burst your bubble.... the draws are fake 

2016-03-290.49469200%2014592068368035855

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic