Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

The staff love it - as Nick said they are very enthusiastic - they know they are working in what's provably the best Merlin shop ever and are getting into it just as much as anyone!

Definitely made me more excited for the ride!

I give it a week. It' always exciting when its something new but that dies fairly quickly once the newness has gone. I remember the Swarm AP day and all the excitement from staff members.

A lot of the staff who work at the park are enthusiasts themselves, I feel a lot of people seem to forget this factor, and so they're probably going to be following the attraction as close as us, so if anything I feel that the staff will be appreciative of people taking photos.

In terms of people taking images, it acts as information for us and promotion for the park, so I doubt they'll have any issues with it! Haha

Interesting to note what they're actually selling in the shop; I'm sure all will make sense when we've ridden...

• "Glass Half Empty" cups
  • Spray Paint Can flasks / pens
  • Victorian Bird Cage keyrings
  • Victorian Hand Mirrors
  • Chocolate "rocks"...

On a more general note, one of my biggest worries about all this is how everything is going to fit together.  We've got this reinvention of the Ghost Train, and something set in 1871, but how does that fit in with things all the cog work and machinery, the ideas of "minds wanted", the modern day underground scenario, etc?  There seems to be an awful lot going around this attraction, and it could be a lot to fit in and make 'work' in 13 minutes in my opinion.  Of course, some of it could be generic marketing to try and throw people off the scent, but who knows.

I seem to be posting alot recently.... However the simworx van is back!

I'd laugh if Simworx have just been on park to check out Angry Birds 4D and have nothing to do with DBGT ;)

I give it a week. It' always exciting when its something new but that dies fairly quickly once the newness has gone. I remember the Swarm AP day and all the excitement from staff members.

I'd give it longer than that; after all, there's still just over 5 weeks before it opens.  I think staff will be able to feed off the 'new factor' from guests for quite a while, and hopefully as the final marketing push happens, be able to keep the excitement going.  

But I do agree with your general statement.  Staff are of course buzzing because it's new and exciting and everything.  But it won't be too long before those in the shop simply get used to it.

A lot of the staff who work at the park are enthusiasts themselves, I feel a lot of people seem to forget this factor, and so they're probably going to be following the attraction as close as us, so if anything I feel that the staff will be appreciative of people taking photos.

Having lived in the local area my whole life I also know that an awful lot are local teens needing money who have just gravitated to the large local place of employment among that age range.

Still think they will be happy about the photos though, park advertising and all that.

Unless the people taking photos start to hinder/get in the way of people that actually want to buy things

Went into the shop today; echoing others' comments of how lovely it is.  I also liked the smell that was in there - it was a musty; a bit like Hex I have to say!

On a different note, there was another entrance sign today...

12919894_10156820782370624_3030789168658

There was work going on around the entrance sign currently up; not sure if they were replacing it or adding a second one behind it though.  

Oh, and the music is awesome.

Went into the shop today; echoing others' comments of how lovely it is. I also liked the smell that was in there - it was a musty; a bit like Hex I have to say!

On a different note, there was another entrance sign today...

12919894_10156820782370624_3030789168658

There was work going on around the entrance sign currently up; not sure if they were replacing it or adding a second one behind it though.

Oh, and the music is awesome.

Didn't go in the shop but I must admit the building looks very impressive from the outside and gives off a great first impression- I have a feeling this is going to be very popular! (Although whether it is any good or not will be a different matter entirely of course).

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic