Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

I'm just still surprised it's not in the actual building yet...its a month until the ride opens and it's not obviously near done yet. From all the promotion and shop to be focused around this carriage and it not being in the actual attraction yet is a bit confusing...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

thirteen inspired scaffolding? Looks like they're trying to hide them....

Photo from Hannah W's Facebook 

12931112_10153572667640983_1722419937189

Oi ya nicked my photo lol :lol: - I do have another one with a dude hanging off the side of the plastic covering but it looked a bit odd!  I saw movement around the area so went into Bush BBQ to have a snoop but only saw this thing and not a lot else - was hoping for a juicy exclusive, but they are keeping things very well covered over there.

I've not really been following this thread - am excited for the new ride but don't want to hype myself up too much, plus keeping up with loads of posts is hard for a dense person such as myself.

I popped into the Ghost Train shop yesterday and wow - it is amazing!  Saw some pretty cool merch which I resisted buying - those levitating ghost trains look awesome, I could stand and watch them all day (yes I am easily pleased).The theming in the shop is fantastic and I love the rotating wall - I really hope that the ride is a success for the park.  Ok it isn't a coaster but TP are in need of a decent dark ride and hopefully this will deliver.

As for the preview - pretty sure I read that annual pass holders can book a slot to try out the ride on the 4th (in the afternoon) - not sure how non pass holders will feel seeing other guests being allowed to go on the ride - could imagine it could cause a bit of mayhem as it is restricted to AP holders.  Hopefully they will stick to allowing pass holders to preview the ride and not do a u-turn on it

The filming is very likely to be for the TV adverts. The ride is opening in under a month (woo!) and you've got to think of all the work that will be done to the footage within the next few weeks. I also expect the ad will air from the start of May, unlike Alton Towers who aired the Galactica ad about a week after the ride had opened.

You can find the tweet here - https://twitter.com/ashthecameraman/status/717115281219391488 

The Ghost Train shop is great. We went over to the screen with Derren Brown on it, my dad says "You want some baldy?" As a joke and he lunges at the screen as if he's trying to scare him! WTF how did they do that???

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

As part of the deal for the new ride Derren has to maintain a live feed presence on screen at all times and was therefore just reacting to what your dad was saying. See if you can catch him eating around lunch time ;)

Had a look in the shop today, was very impressed!  It's definitely the best Merlin shop in the UK, clearly a lot of effort (and money) has gone into it.

As for the attraction itself, after seeing the exterior for myself I'm still sceptical but look forward to trying it!

Regarding the exterior, it looks good, however unfortunately the warehouse is too visible, and painting it bright red really doesn't help this.  Also, does anyone know if the chipboard in the archways is going to be painted?

The soundtrack was playing in the area and sounded really good, I recognised a chord sequence which has taken inspiration from a 1980 horror film!

Photo update;

26219655462_ab983f447d_z.jpg

25709208823_0f44083436_z.jpg

I'm not a fan of the blue board behind the sign, it looked much more effective when you could see through the letters IMO.

26219635872_57638c4c69_z.jpg

25709297773_e5286f5c71_z.jpg

I like the fact that some of the queueline is undercover, will make it much more bearable to wait for in rainy/hot weather.

25709324043_70af4c81ce_z.jpg

Train station theming, hopefully the tape will be removed! ;)

25707219544_4c67edf653_z.jpg

26286103546_e440cd0355_z.jpg

25707192564_d6f9427a46_z.jpg

26219664462_a6f81285eb_z.jpg

Train carriage;

26245853831_ac4c5d27f1_z.jpg

26312087555_2b372b4d14_z.jpg

The shop;

26286049556_702052dd40_z.jpg

25707149074_6d85465c93_z.jpg

26039148500_df727d9153_z.jpg

Rotating wall, it's on a 5 minute timer apparrently;

26312013385_a4f5e8b121_z.jpg

26219616572_e9def9c99c_z.jpg

Photo sales?

26039155030_9c7223efe1_z.jpg

26245729481_c546763b24_z.jpg

All pictures were taken from public areas. :)

The filming is very likely to be for the TV adverts. The ride is opening in under a month (woo!) and you've got to think of all the work that will be done to the footage within the next few weeks. I also expect the ad will air from the start of May, unlike Alton Towers who aired the Galactica ad about a week after the ride had opened.

You can find the tweet here - https://twitter.com/ashthecameraman/status/717115281219391488 

I thought that Thorpe Snapchatted when they filmed the advert back in February time?  So unless they had to reshoot some scenes I'd be surprised if it was that.

It seems like that Ashley Meneely filmed some of the VR stuff too; on his Twitter he talked about filming a "top secret" VR installation in December, and he has Figment Productions listed on his website.

25709208823_0f44083436_z.jpg

I'm not a fan of the blue board behind the sign, it looked much more effective when you could see through the letters IMO.

Nice pictures!  Is the thing on the left something just showcasing the merch that is inside the building, or is it something else?

Also, I get what you mean about the blue board; it was very cool when it was see through!  But I guess in certain weather conditions it would become impossible to read?  Wonder if they're planning to add more to it though!

Nice pictures!  Is the thing on the left something just showcasing the merch that is inside the building, or is it something else?

Also, I get what you mean about the blue board; it was very cool when it was see through!  But I guess in certain weather conditions it would become impossible to read?  Wonder if they're planning to add more to it though!

It was selling food/drinks as well as showcasing (or selling, not actually sure) some of the merchandise from inside the building. :)

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic