Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

It is no surprise that not all of the warehouse is themed however I'd really like the themed section to hide the warehouse like Duel does. Dual is essentially a warehouse that been cleverly concealed by a facade that only covers a small proportion of the ride building. I just wish this could do the same.

It's a shame as in my opinion that red warehouse undoes all the good theming.

How easy is it to see that red warehouse from main pathways? Cause it looks awful.

When stood in the queueline for the attraction it probably won't be visible, but it stands out like a sore thumb from the park's main pathways.

26286046066_4929756073.jpg

It is no surprise that not all of the warehouse is themed however I'd really like the themed section to hide the warehouse like Duel does. Dual is essentially a warehouse that been cleverly concealed by a facade that only covers a small proportion of the ride building. I just wish this could do the same.

It's a shame as in my opinion that red warehouse undoes all the good theming.

I agree, at the very least they could have painted the warehouse the same colour as the facade - especially the parts facing the public pathways.

I love these shots, it looks properly themed, atmospheric and well detailed.

But then it goes to pot with this

How easy is it to see that red warehouse from main pathways? Cause it looks awful.

I don't know if it's just me being blind but I never really pay it any attention when I'm near

I don't know if it's just me being blind but I never really pay it any attention when I'm near

I'm picky when it comes to shed ride buildings. I spotted the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey ride shed quite quickly when I went to Florida.

I think they're planting trees along that way aren't they? So hopefully it should be fine.

I hope they are some massive arse trees then.

The ride building from the first shots looks absolutely loverly. This is arguably Merlin's best theming they've done yet.

Sadly those red sheds do detract from the great theming which is a shame, especially being on a main pathway. I just hope they can conceal it as it does stick out, would be nice if they could theme it eventually.

I know most dark rides have areas where their (unthemed) buildings are exposed including Bubbleworks, Hex, Tombs and even Disney rides (in some cases). But this exposure seems more noticeable.

The ride building from the first shots looks absolutely loverly. This is arguably Merlin's best theming they've done yet.

Sadly those red sheds do detract from the great theming which is a shame, especially being on a main pathway. I just hope they can conceal it as it does stick out, would be nice if they could theme it eventually.

I know most dark rides have areas where their (unthemed) buildings are exposed including Bubbleworks, Hex, Tombs and even Disney rides (in some cases). But this exposure seems more noticeable.

Not more noticeable than Bubbleworks. The shed is literally right in front of you as you enter Transylvania.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

I always love the "but X park hasn't put in the complete effort of doing Y, so why should Z?"

Thorpe could have EASILY hidden the entire warehouse... In relation to Bubbles' warehouse now being visible, that's down to the Cafe building burning down and no desire to replace it...

That people are going "Well it's the same colour as X so its fine" shows how bad it is to be happy with mediocrity...

Visited the shop for the first time yesterday. I thought it was just a picture of Derren Brown on the wall so thought nothing of it. A couple of minutes later I Iooked up and he had moved and was glaring straight at me with a look of disgust! Freaked me out lol!

Anyway, what a great shop. Love the fortune telling machine in the corner too.

Partaking in geekery since 1985

Am I the only one feeling like some are being really quite unnecessarily pedantic about the ride building?

Yes, it may stand out when you're standing right next to it (shocker), but like many dark rides and attractions you aren't supposed to be searching for the ride building - you're supposed to be trying to enjoy the atmosphere and immersion of the attraction that is themed. Yes, there may be a red building in your line of vision but at that the point you aren't in the attraction, you're in the park - so you don't expect to not see the attractions show building, especially when it's right in the centre of a theme park.

It seems some people are never happy, a U.K. Park spending between 30&40 million pounds on an attraction yet people still act as if seeing a portion of the show building ruins the entire attraction and it's thematic elements. I am personally not going to judge the attraction based on the fact I can see a red building next to another red building, as from the portion that is themed we can see that it is incredibly well detailed.

People need to stop being so silly and be grateful with what you have, not complain about what you haven't.

Park spending between 30&40 million pounds on an attraction

That's the issue having spent huge amounts of money but can't be bothered to do a complete job (Merlin all around)  It's like decorating a room and leaving one wall. Really cannot see it would have cost that much extra to put some of those false brick panels or get artists in to paint it to blend in with the rest of the building.   

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic