Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

Would you rather they opened early and unfinished. Like the big flop ?

Early?  No, the advertised opening date is the 6th May, which is on time.  I don't think it is too much to expect a new attraction to open on the advertised date, and to be finished.

Didn't The Big Top open two hours late?  The fact that it was unfinished was due to poor planning/whatever other reason rather than because it opened early, as it didn't!

Early? No, the advertised opening date is the 6th May, which is on time. I don't think it is too much to expect a new attraction to open on the advertised date, and to be finished.

Didn't The Big Top open two hours late? The fact that it was unfinished was due to poor planning/whatever other reason rather than because it opened early, as it didn't!

To be fair things change in construction - it's perfectly plausible for any attraction to be delayed due to reasons out of their control.

Disney just announced Rivers Of Light won't be opening on the 22nd April as previously announced and won't be giving a further update on an opening till May. Things happen, loads of things get delayed. Let's not bash Merlin primarily for it, if anything, this attraction is train based and in England. There's an instant delay right there ;)

Just wondering, is that demon in the video really an animatronic? I know they say it is but they also said these were hidden cameras when it's clear from some of the shots that's not the truth as sometimes the angle is in a position where in the next shot you should see the camera from the previous as this is in real time, yet you cant. But it's very well edited like a horror movie. If that is a real animatronic in the video then I am ridiculously impressed!

Don't really remember you being so sympathetic to Towers when Smiler got delayed Marc...

I'm gonna guess that this will have a fair amount of teething problems, purely down to the amount of new technology involved...

You mean that time they announced the ride would be opening 2 months later less than 24 hours before it was due to open? Mmmm...

But Atlesst there was over 50 rides and attractions then I guess! ;)

Goodness people, the moment that there's any doubt of something not opening on time and everything goes to chaos!

At the end of the day, THORPE PARK are currently stating the attraction has not been delayed, and so that is all we have to go on. However it's very understandable people are worried, especially when some have paid £250 or more on a hotel stay just for the attraction.

So instead of being rude, negative and ill mannered about people's opinions, let's focus on the positives and avoid causing any aggravation on the forum over something that isn't really worth it.

Just wondering, is that demon in the video really an animatronic? I know they say it is but they also said these were hidden cameras when it's clear from some of the shots that's not the truth as sometimes the angle is in a position where in the next shot you should see the camera from the previous as this is in real time, yet you cant. But it's very well edited like a horror movie. If that is a real animatronic in the video then I am ridiculously impressed!

It's costume and makeup combined I think :) some of the promo photos look like it's the animatronic though, so I'm sure It'll look exactly like that in the attraction! You can see on the neck piece it's fabric falling and on the back of the head there's some fabric too to hide the blending from a bald cap :)

Whatever the case , if it is delayed I'm sure Thorpe would give refunds or be understanding of anyone has booked tickets or whatever for the attraction , considering this is going to be a big milestone for the park, and with the 12p sales going to pot earlier this month , I doubt they would want any other negativity. I'm sure it will all work out

Am I the only one who thinks that the demon's arms look incredibly...unusual?

image_zpsdsoy6r5g.png

From the elbows down it just looks very untextured and round. (This is me being very picky!)

The fore arms arent proportional to the rest of the body, thats why it looks odd. I study makeup and creature design at uni and a group of us were discussing the demon today, and the arms did come up as an issue.

Those are the same type of arm extensions they use for the motion capture on the Ape films, they make it much easier and realistic for the actor to run like an ape on all fours, if it's all animatronics then it's dam good, but it looks like an actor in dress, hope it,s quick to put on.

If that thing is going to meet me I'm now wondering whether it's wise to go on with my two niece's, I'm not sure out of the three of us who'll scream the loudest :lol:

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic