Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

This waiting is very frustrating. Even if I don't get tickets, I still will go.

I don't know if I will be too scared to do the ride though. I would be allowed but to what level will it be scary? Th13teen, Duel of even worse!

I believe it will be much scarier than Duel certainly. The age limit is similar to that of horror mazes so I expect that If you can do horror mazes you will probably be able to do this.

Never done any scare attractions. The scariest as horror concepts go is Th13teen for me. Never done saw. I might not do DBGT but I am very interested to see what the ride actually does as I have followed this chat from day 1.

What if fracking was to do with Tidal Wave? That water tower always makes me think of getting oil.

if you mean you've never done saw the ride - I expect this to be way worse. saw the ride's theming isn't really designed to scare you at all, nothing jumps out... its practically nothing compared to a horror maze. and seeing as how DBGT has the same age rating as a horror maze, I expect this to be as scary as one. knowing thorpe it's probably just to hype the ride up and won't be official though, the same thing happened with sub-terra.

Especially with the 12 alternative VR expiriences, not knowing what you're going to get and knowing you won't have the same as your friend will make the whole thing more tense! if you're slightly worried, keep an eye out for reviews that don't contain spoilers. :)

With 12 alternative experiences I kinda hope you get split up from your group... 

A couple of photos from today:

13015374_10156908396860624_4678961376054

Couple of these signs have been put up.  Possibly a good sign that the ride will be opening on time; what's the point of directing people to a ride's entrance which won't be opening for a long time?

13015139_10156908396725624_2068656539428

Don't know if this is new or something I just haven't seen before?

13062477_10156908397245624_7407247599352

Sorry for blurriness, but there's loads of these corner supports in the queue now.

Nothing else of note to mention.  Train carriage (if it's still outside) is completely covered so you can't see a thing!

Just so excited for the ride ! , it was SOOO tantalising having to walk past it today not being able to go inside ! I defiantly think they will have the 3 main stages of modern for the queue and going maybe back into Victorian times for the VR and then the tube for the main portion of the ride , that perhaps falls down a hole or something , that leads us to what is underground ( hence the whole fracking thing ) . That's my prediction anyway , haha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I see people's concerns given that Smiler was planned to open on 23rd May 2013 until the 22nd May.

However, given some of the unfavourable publicity Thorpe received from the 12p ticket thing, plus there still being a close eye on Merlin from last year, I would assume that if it were to be delayed, they would announce it within a reasonable time frame.

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic