Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

Tbh , I like the fact that we don't know what's going to happen inside the building or the ride itself, as if we had worked it all out , there would be no mystery and the anticipation would be lost I think. So personally I think it's a great thing we don't know what's happening at all haha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Weather the werewolf thing is in the audio or not, I defiantly think there could be some sort of werewolf Involved ! , think the 12 different monsters could be , dolls, demons, ghosts, werewolfs, anything really !

We don't know that there's 12 monsters. Just 12 possible routes with 2 possible destinations. In fact, I doubt their will be 12 monsters.

Weather the werewolf thing is in the audio or not, I defiantly think there could be some sort of werewolf Involved ! , think the 12 different monsters could be , dolls, demons, ghosts, werewolfs, anything really !

I wonder if there's a mid-course break run or if the actors will be allowed 15 minute brakes every hour? :glare:

Actors haven't been officially confirmed, just live action.  However, a couple of articles, which feature quotes from Merlin not lifted from press releases, have mentioned actors, so it seems pretty certain now.

On a different note, here's a video from ExposureDigital, who were involved with the creation of mindswanted.co.uk

They'll do rotations, especially depending on the environment. Actors aren't supposed to work in a strobe environment for more then 45 minutes at a time, so it's likely they'll have 3 sets of actors rotating throughout the day.

You've missed the point I was making. Read the sentence again and then read my previous post on the previous page.

This job listing by the park (https://merlin.taleo.net/careersection/4/jobdetail.ftl?job=THO0000L3) states "This is a role like no other, where you will be playing various scripted characters and ensure we are creating unique experiences to our visitors. This includes our I'm A CELEBRITY GET ME OUT OF HERE attraction and NEW for 2016 DERREN BROWN’S GHOST TRAIN. Additionally there are other exhilarating offerings and events which you will deliver as part of the Entertainments Strategy." and so yes, Live actors will be utilised within Derren Brown's Ghost Train. However they are currently not specified as scare actors, but more so scripted characters. This likely means that they are there to guide the story as opposed to scare you silly - I'm sure the ride will do that for you! ;)

There shouldn't be any actors aside from themed ride staff, previous Merlin attractions have proved that they are just not sustainable in the long run and the attraction will feel incomplete if/when they are cut.

Regarding the Ghost Train, I have a theory. Loggers site was closed for construction, and the DBGT warehouse houses nothing more than the start of a tunnel (seen in the recent promo video) which leads to the CCR station (which will be boarded up), from there you go round the old railway route with VR goggles on.

Okay, maybe not but it's an idea!

There shouldn't be any actors aside from themed ride staff, previous Merlin attractions have proved that they are just not sustainable in the long run and the attraction will feel incomplete if/when they are cut.

Regarding the Ghost Train, I have a theory. Loggers site was closed for construction, and the DBGT warehouse houses nothing more than the start of a tunnel (seen in the recent promo video) which leads to the CCR station (which will be boarded up), from there you go round the old railway route with VR goggles on.

Okay, maybe not but it's an idea!

Please just stop, just stop. How in the world is that idea viable in any shape or form please explain.

It's like you enjoy being slated.

On 24/04/2016 at 7:39 PM, Coaster Jamie said:

Wait are actors confirmed in this?

Hi All, although a new user I have been following this thread since the attraction was announced, hi! :)

The animatronic beasties will be "manned" by an actor in the body of the suite, only the face will be animatronic.... 

44 minutes ago, Rach666 said:

Hi All, although a new user I have been following this thread since the attraction was announced, hi! :)

The animatronic beasties will be "manned" by an actor in the body of the suite, only the face will be animatronic.... 

Just like the pandas of the Pandmonium show at CWoA

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic