Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

19 minutes ago, Jormerod18 said:

Would the 50 steps unaided thing rule out a scare maze? As surely that would take more than 50 steps 

it means steps as in....the steps you walk up and down I think

EDIT: reading back on it now, it doesn't mean it like that at all. it literally means taking 50 steps. weird...maybe there isn't a scare maze section then

After searching for an image of The Smiler's information board I found that it says "riders must be able to walk up and down various steps unaided", I couldn't find a good quality one for Saw. This may mean that it does quite literally mean you will be required to take approximately 50 steps during the ride experience.

2 minutes ago, Owen said:

After searching for an image of The Smiler's information board I found that it says "riders must be able to walk up and down various steps unaided", I couldn't find a good quality one for Saw. This may mean that it does quite literally mean you will be required to take appropriately 50 steps during the ride experience.

really weird, I was expecting lots of walking throughout it. this leads me to believe that possibly most of it takes place in a ride carriage, shame

27 minutes ago, Owen said:

After searching for an image of The Smiler's information board I found that it says "riders must be able to walk up and down various steps unaided", I couldn't find a good quality one for Saw. This may mean that it does quite literally mean you will be required to take appropriately 50 steps during the ride experience.

That's good. I didn't want this to have a typical Merlin scare maze ending.

Also, having a large building and only 50 steps proves that the vast majority will be some sort of ride system.

17 minutes ago, CharlieN said:

That's good. I didn't want this to have a typical scare maze ending.

Also, having a large building and only 50 steps proves that the vast majority will be some sort of ride system.

the only other ride I can think of with a scare maze ending is sub-terra? hardly 'typical'

5 minutes ago, Graw said:

the only other ride I can think of with a scare maze ending is sub-terra? hardly 'typical'

Sorry, I should have made that clearer. I meant a typical Merlin ending - so yes, I was referring to Sub-terra as that is the only other Merlin dark ride experience meant to be properly scary that I have experienced.

7 minutes ago, CharlieN said:

Sorry, I should have made that clearer. I meant a typical Merlin ending - so yes, I was referring to Sub-terra as that is the only other Merlin dark ride experience meant to be properly scary that I have experienced.

If it's only on one attraction then it's hardly a "typical merlin ending" is it.

For the 12 different experiences offered, this might seem obvious to many already, but it's only just occurred to me.

The ride carriage has 60 seats, right? On each side there are 30 seats facing inwards just like the underground. Now, if you look at the logo for the ride, it is essentially 5 people holding shoulders together.

So with this in mind, there must be 6 rows of 5 seats on both sides of the carriage, all of which together make up the 60 seats. So, for every 5 seats down the carriage on either side, those 5 people will experience the same VR content, but the other 11 remaining groups of 5 experience something different, hence the 12 different experiences offered.

If this is true, I would imagine they organise you into groups of 5 beforehand and when you board the train, you sit into the designated seats they told you to sit in earlier.

That is what significance the logo must have on the ride experience I reckon.

Yes thank you Nick, thought it looked a bit funny haha.

In regards to the above post, didn't the resort specifically confirm you will not experience the same thing as the person sat next to you, in which case although it's a great theory this contradicts it. :)

3 hours ago, Owen said:

May I ask is this confirmed?

As this doesn't make sense to me because if the ride were to get stuck in one place the amount of steps on average would not be the same if you were to get stuck in another. 

ATF wasn't stating that would be the 'average' amount of steps nor that it would be the same wherever you may be in the attraction shpuld the need for an evacuation arise. 

4 hours ago, ATF said:

Regarding the 50 steps unaided, it doesn't mean that there won't be more walking, it just means that if there is an emergency, you will be up to 50 steps away from an emergency exit, to which you might have to get to unaided.

I don't see any fault in this assumption, which is all we seem to really have to go on just like the majority of the project (assumptions based on often minimal information and logic, not a warning board outside). 

In regards to "average" l say "average" because not every person would necessarily walk X amount of steps in X amount of space. What has confused me is how it is written like fact, so I am asking if it is, so that either speculation of what this may mean can stop, or if there are still more possibilities. There no fault in it no, however there is also no fault in me asking if this information is confirmed, as I haven't personally seen this specified on any other attraction information board. :)

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic