Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

Did we lose some posts in this topic or something? I'm not seeing any past Thursday morning and I'm certain there was conversation since then....

EDIT : Nevermind, posting seems to have fixed it for me. I could only see up to page 89 before but am now seeing the ones after. Not sure if it's something worth looking into though!

Edited by JamminGamer

The resort have released a short statement revealing the reason for the delay is nothing to do with the rides hardware, and that it was a creative decision.

"Firsty, we don't open any rides until they've been thou roughly tested. In this case however, the reason for the delay is purely creative, there are still elements of the show yet to be completed.

It is an entirely new invention, a worlds first, and as it's taken so long to plan and create - over three years now - we are taking time to finesse the final show experience and illusion so it's perfect for our guests. This is an entirely different type of thrill ride"

This to me suggests that the delay is down to the VR elements not being completely up to scratch just yet - but of course this is my personal speculation.

Read the full article here - http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/whats-on/family-kids-news/thorpe-park-postpones-opening-date-11274915

14 minutes ago, Owen said:

The resort have released a short statement revealing the reason for the delay is nothing to do with the rides hardware, and that it was a creative decision.

"Firsty, we don't open any rides until they've been thou roughly tested. In this case however, the reason for the delay is purely creative, there are still elements of the show yet to be completed.

It is an entirely new invention, a worlds first, and as it's taken so long to plan and create - over three years now - we are taking time to finesse the final show experience and illusion so it's perfect for our guests. This is an entirely different type of thrill ride"

This to me suggests that the delay is down to the VR elements not being completely up to scratch just yet - but of course this is my personal speculation.

Read the full article here - http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/whats-on/family-kids-news/thorpe-park-postpones-opening-date-11274915

Should not have set a firm opening date then.

On 30/04/2016 at 9:17 AM, Martin.C said:

For the 12 different experiences offered, this might seem obvious to many already, but it's only just occurred to me.

The ride carriage has 60 seats, right? On each side there are 30 seats facing inwards just like the underground. Now, if you look at the logo for the ride, it is essentially 5 people holding shoulders together.

So with this in mind, there must be 6 rows of 5 seats on both sides of the carriage, all of which together make up the 60 seats. So, for every 5 seats down the carriage on either side, those 5 people will experience the same VR content, but the other 11 remaining groups of 5 experience something different, hence the 12 different experiences offered.

If this is true, I would imagine they organise you into groups of 5 beforehand and when you board the train, you sit into the designated seats they told you to sit in earlier.

That is what significance the logo must have on the ride experience I reckon.

I disagree.  The numbers logic makes sense but wouldn't Thorpe want group members getting different experiences so that friends can go "Well I got this" and so on increasing the want for ride re-rideability. Hopefully they will be random.

From Owen over on TTSP...

Psp42DK.jpg

Lenticular photos cost £15 (£10 if you have a Digipass I believe?)

ArN390h.jpg

Head in a jar photo.

Notice also the 'Scan here' sections.  So it would appear photos are taken before the ride and you're given a ticket.  If you want to consider buying the photo, you'd then scan the ticket and go from there.  

56 minutes ago, Benin said:

So ORPs as green screen? Maybe even have you do something like Defi de Cesar in Asterix?

Sounds a bit pointless if the photo is a head in a jar...

I believe there's two photo points.  One is simply in front of a green screen and forms the lenticular / 3D photo frame for £15.

The other is for the head in a jar.  I assumed it would be a 3D printed model of your face in a jar, but the above photo would suggest otherwise?  

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic