Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

Wasn't the discussion more of the shop signage awkwardly covering the chipboards and them being replaced, as opposed to the chipboard themselves?

Speaking of the ship signage though, they are the same shape as in the plans, so they won't be replaced by a different shaped signed.  Given the look of the queue info board, I doubt they're being changed at all. 

4 minutes ago, BaronC. said:

Wasn't the discussion more of the shop signage awkwardly covering the chipboards and them being replaced, as opposed to the chipboard themselves?

Speaking of the ship signage though, they are the same shape as in the plans, so they won't be replaced by a different shaped signed.  Given the look of the queue info board, I doubt they're being changed at all. 

Someone asked if the chipboard around the building is temporary or staying there.

Well, boredom has taken hold of me again, and so I decided to compile a set of images to form a interior view of the attraction through the outside. The quality is crap, which is my mistake, but I will link the images in a future edited post, as I have to go out soon for something. Anyway here is the image I created. Base image is from Total Thorpe Park, and other images are from enthusiasts. The reason why I included the leaked image box, is because it shows a series of supports beneath the carriage, which makes me think that the transfer track goes up towards the levitating carriage. However, due to what thorpe asked before, I won't post it here.

Key:

Black lines are the track.

Red is the transfer track

Yellow is the photo locations

Blue arrows are the angle from where the photos were taken from

Corrected ver.jpg

Inside 1.jpg

1462545750-58fd4b966a9321aeb5c89725975d2954-600x400 2.jpg

26252214085_3eb9ee3362_b 3.jpg

Same saw 3.jpg

03e1fb503db6e4c156fc42a4fa4f119e 4.jpg

That would make sense, but to the right of the suspended train where you have your transfer track is a wall. Plus there's surely only one levitating carriage with the other ride vehicle being seen outside and the fact there are walky bits. Unless you're just talking about the transfer bits for the train we saw sat outside then my bad. 

With the 3 metre deep pit under the train, and the fact below it looks like gravel you wouldn't really want to walk on that the tube tunnels we've seen as the walking element are below the carriage. Carriage lowers, you walk through a tunnel and board a immersive tunnel train, immersive tunnel then walk through more tunnels to reboard the train at the bottom and rise back up to offload.

11 minutes ago, Mitchada04 said:

That would make sense, but to the right of the suspended train where you have your transfer track is a wall.

The photo which was posted on the net with Derren standing at the bottom is photo shopped to have a wall in place there. After brightening up the image, you can see a mistake they made on one of the windows as it is partly straight at the top, and then it curves suddenly and straightens out again. The window is behind the carriage if you want to look it up. 

1 hour ago, swooddow said:

Surly tho if that was the case ? , everyone queuing would see the train move from its chains , spoilling the surprise and illustion for everyone waiting no ? 

The leaked image also shows that the levitating train carriage is a shell, where most likely the underground train carriages will go into. I can only pressume that you will be held outside the building to the entrance where you board the ride, and are only allowed to enter in certain group numbers. When one of the underground carriages goes into the shell and the passengers disembark, then they will let a group enter the building to board the ride. That is what I think will happen.

EDIT: Changed font colour of some of the words to avoid any spoilers.

15 hours ago, BaronC. said:

Interestingly, this article on the Financial Times says that Ghost Train cost £13m...  https://next.ft.com/content/c1eac800-12e5-11e6-839f-2922947098f0

Since we've had the "largest investment ever made" talk for ages, I'd assume this is a mistake and the number was either misheard (£30m) or a typo (£23m?)

I'd trust the Financial Times to report on figures much more accurately than Merlin's own PR where the figures are always spun to sound more appealing to guests.

Just a bit of speculation. I met with a friend of mine who said that they know why the delay happened on the ride. Supposedly, a ride vehicle collided against something and as a result caused some damage. They didn't say what the ride vehicle collided against, but that Thorpe are aiming to open the ride in late May. Take it with a pinch of salt, but who knows.

Unless you have a good reason as to why to believe your friend would have insider info I don't see that being the truth. Probably some theory someone has made up after all of the bad press from The Smiler incident. There's been so many different theories and explanations I've given up on knowing the truth! (My favourite is that Derren requested it as he wanted to make some small changes for the ride to be perfect.)
Regardless of the reason for the delay it's unlikely they'll ever explain why it happened especially if it was an incident like the one your friend claims, the last thing they need is people thinking a ride that isn't open yet has crashed/broken in some way after all that's happened!

Firstly, in regards to uniform I spoke to a staff member who was going to be working on Ghost Train and he said he doesn't even know if they are having uniforms because they've been told nothing at all. I would expect the ride would have cost way more than £13 million, just because of the amount of companies working on it. In regards to why it was delayed the attraction didn't 'collide' with anything - the resort have stated it was for creative purposes only. However, after talking to one of the higher end staff, she revealed the attraction was testing last night (not that we didn't know it's been testing most nights) and that this will not be like a horror maze in terms of how scary it is. She explained how the 'scary' part will be the fact you don't know if something is there or not, as oposed to being made jump like in a horror maze. She also said the experience will be 'amazing'.

11 hours ago, Owen said:

Firstly, in regards to uniform I spoke to a staff member who was going to be working on Ghost Train and he said he doesn't even know if they are having uniforms because they've been told nothing at all. I would expect the ride would have cost way more than £13 million, just because of the amount of companies working on it. In regards to why it was delayed the attraction didn't 'collide' with anything - the resort have stated it was for creative purposes only. However, after talking to one of the higher end staff, she revealed the attraction was testing last night (not that we didn't know it's been testing most nights) and that this will not be like a horror maze in terms of how scary it is. She explained how the 'scary' part will be the fact you don't know if something is there or not, as oposed to being made jump like in a horror maze. She also said the experience will be 'amazing'.

This is a brilliant collection of information ! , I would think they would have some sort of themed uniform, it could be a small touch , to the usual staff outfits , but I am sure somthing will be added . 

In in regards to the non scare maze thing. I second that point that she said about the attraction not being a walk through , as on Darren's interview on talk radio a few days ago , he said it's a mix of a ride/walkthrough/show , elements of all of these put together. So while I'm sure there will not be a 'scare attraction' part as such, I am sure there maybe the odd actor dotted around that may or may not attempted to scare you .  

Thats my my prediction anyway :) 

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic