Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

2 hours ago, cianjs said:

Accidentally came across this while browsing the interwebs:

"SIGA CreativeFX were approached by the London Bridge Experience to design and develop a jaw dropping, scream inducing, fear filled photo opportunity for visitors as they arrive. Posing for what they think is an ordinary photo shoot, they are filled with horror as a full sized London Underground train rushes towards them, seemingly about to crash into them as they stand there". 

I see this being used..

Not that I care about spoilers but I feel that that's so obviously going to happen it might spoil it for the people who want everything unspoiled :P 

Also wasn't that one of the first rumours about the experience that went round?

2 minutes ago, Project LC said:

I know I am pretty pessimistic but come on, it's a sign with a light behind it

Look at it compared to other attraction signs across Thorpe.  And even compared to other ride signs across European parks.  It ranks as one of the better, cooler, more original, signs that I can think.  (I fully expect people to post pictures of Tidal's sign and other awesome-looking signs now, but still, you get my point).

If you want to be facetious and pessimistic though, your favourite (steel) roller coaster is just metal shaped and joined in a certain way. :)

9 minutes ago, BaronC. said:

If you want to be facetious and pessimistic though, your favourite (steel) roller coaster is just metal shaped and joined in a certain way. :)

Steel engineered in a way to withstand extreme stress and strain with each component having months of work spent on it.

What I am trying to do is shine some light on people obsessing over a light behind a sign. I understand it is a nice looking sign but at the end of the day it is a sign. 

It's a shame we'll only ever see it lit up for 2 weeks every season (or until the bulb breaks, lol maintenance at Merlin)...

As for ride signs, its neither amazing or poor... Ride signs are pretty much an afterthought in the process of design, and this really is no exception to it... Putting a light behind it does not make it unique or special in any meaningful way...

6 hours ago, Project LC said:

Steel engineered in a way to withstand extreme stress and strain with each component having months of work spent on it.

What I am trying to do is shine some light on people obsessing over a light behind a sign. I understand it is a nice looking sign but at the end of the day it is a sign. 

What a killjoy.

14 hours ago, Project LC said:

Seeing as we are back to mindless statements based on staff said so and so I shall assume we still have no news.

Hardly mindless when this particular staff member has been working on the attraction and is under an NDA. I'd be pretty sure she wouldn't be lying about it testing as its been known to have been testing. Although she neither confirmed or denied the attraction will feature a walk through section.

1 hour ago, StevenVig said:

Took them about 50 years to fix it though lol......

True it took a while but my point was more that the vast majority of the effects across Thorpe atleast which failed/ broke whilst the park was under Tussauds control have slowly been fixed under Merlins control. 

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic