Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

I'm under an NDA that prevents me from confirming anything other than who I work for so if these people are leaking info they're either not under an NDA or have no clue what one entails.

I also had to sign an NDA a few years ago that gagged me completely, I couldn't even confirm the companies name let alone what I was working on until after a specific date.

That's very true about all these NDA's , basically we won't know a date until Thorpe officially announce it . 

Not gunna lie, I feel like we have waited a lifetime for this ride , I'm just so praying its going to be the most mind bending, eye popping, scariest ride. 

. I have no doubt it will be , and should almost challenge those out in the states , in terms of themeing and technology ! 

We we just need a date now ! Pppllleeaaasseee! 

Just now, Mitchada04 said:

It's detail though. I know the run down look is repetitive and doesn't look great for a park to have loads of it, but at least this run down look is being done to a high quality and not just waiting for the natural surroundings to help it. 

It looked good before in my opinion - nice details on the posters and a rust effect on the metalwork etc. but still looking presentable.  Now it just looks like most wooden walls/fences at the park already - but as you mentioned, it would look better if the mould idea hadn't been done before on several other rides/attractions.

Guess I'm just fussy! :lol:

23 minutes ago, CharlieN said:

Then why have an age restriction as well as a height restriction when the height restrictions is 'like an age restriction'? 

There is no age restriction though, just an age recommendation.

'Scary' rides (by which I mean rides with a dark / horror theme) always have high height restrictions, so that no one under that height can ride it; something covered by the park's T&Cs.  Height restrictions are easy to control, since it is easy to check if someone is x height or not.  There's a nice age-height correspondence too, so on average, kids hit 1.4m when they're about 10, like Adam says.

Age restrictions are a lot more difficult to enforce (how can you prove if a kid who says he's 13 actually is 13, for example).  So to have a strict age restriction comes at a cost of a lot of hassle, so is never worth it on a large scale.  It's also something that isn't really covered in a park's T&Cs (usually, only special events are age restricted, not all year round attractions.  Changing the T&Cs to cover this would be a huge pain).  

Having the height restriction and age recommendation works well.  The height restriction means that kids who are tall enough to ride are a couple of years away from the age recommendation (as opposed to several years out), meaning that they themselves, and whoever they are with, can make a better judgement as to whether they are suitable for the attraction.

Sub Terra had a recommended age restriction of 12+ I believe.  Hob's Pit and PWH has a 12 age recommendation is a 1.5m height restriction for similar reasoning too.

3 minutes ago, Benin said:

Trying to think if the old Alien Encounter at WDW had a height restriction...

Or what Dinosaur's one is, that is TERRIFYING...

last year my 13 year old brother (who if completely fine in scare mazes) went on dinosaur and cried. I wasn't expecting that from disney :lol:

4 hours ago, 3Dimensions said:

Is Dinosaur really scarier than Alien Encounter? Never been to any of the Disney parks outside of Paris but I've read that AE is the scariest ride that Disney has ever made. 

lmao this is getting off topic, but ive never been on AE. dinosaur wasn't that scary in my opinion, more just loud, disorientating and intense. it was a cool ride 

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic