Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

This topic is literally going round in circles. If anyone's got time, should put together everything we knew pages ago.

I hope things move forward soon as IMO this has been a particularly long and uneventful topic.

looking forward to Thorpe ramping this thing up  before I forget anything is happening at all.

I was there on May 11. Absolutely loved hearing the music live, and my friends were describing the shop to me. It was interesting that as you step into the shop the rest of the park audio sort of stops and you can just hear the music in the background. Then we went back out and they'd pumped up the music. I wanted to listen for a bit but we moved past that and enjoyed the rest of our day. Then suddenly I heard the music again and asked wait is that Ghost Train and while we waited for one of our friends to come back I just listened to the music for a good five minutes. It's one thing to hear it on YouTube but standing there, listening live, that's another experience.

In the shop I enjoyed listening to the Derren Brown fortune teller talking a bit. It was interesting I found the handle things at the side, they reminded me of those steering wheels you find on rides that just go back and fourth in arcades and stuff.

What is odd about that review is that thy didn't say ANYTHING about what they thought about it apart from " while it certainly looks terrifying, many of the illusions were still unfinished and we didn't get to see the full mind-blowing experience"

They didn't even say anything like, what we saw was fun or good.

7 minutes ago, MattyMoo said:

Press preview must've been recently, probably when Derren visited. That article implies there wasn't much to errr preview... Opening May still? That article is titled "....facing more delays"

There will be much more news when the press event is on! Wouldn't read into the more delays!

Seems odd that there's a couple of articles that have randomly appeared today, no?  Like, we've known it's going to be delayed for over 2 weeks now and it's only a week after the planned opening date, so why is the media going on about 'WHEN WILL IT OPEN?' - just feels...weird?

The advert looks promising. They seem to be heavily pushing the idea of reality perception! 

End of May could be any day really from around the 20th. Friday 27th may be a more likely date unless the ride is 100% ready.

The advertising campaign is a good move though. Will be keeping an eye out for it on TV in the next few days. 

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic