Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

26 minutes ago, StevenVig said:

Or it could literally be essential maintenance? Just because there's an access path there, doesn't mean that X is shut for DBGT

If that was the case, what you are saying is that every time they need to use said path, X will need to be closed.........

Which is exactly what I'm saying, why would I mention an access path if I didn't think it would be used for access for Ghost Train (which I had specified was for Ghost Train), please read my post properly - when saying 'the ride' I was referring to X seeing as I had mentioned about how many issue it had been having, I thought that would be obvious. Evidentially I was mistaken.

in response to the above post - Saw was out of action due to needing a new part, Samurai was closed due to a different attraction made by the company having major issues meaning Samurai was closed while they checked that it wouldn't have similar issues and Colossus has had issues with its lift, however I'm unsure to why others have been having problems. Unfortunately it's just something that can happen with these rides, it just seemed to all fall around the same time this time around.

36 minutes ago, Rach666 said:

Does anyone know why so many rides have, and continue, to be closed for "essential maintenance" since the park has opened this year? Saw was closed for nearly a week last month! Surely this should have been completed whilst the park was shut? Apologies for going off topic - just curious...

Only Thorpe know the answer (or truth) to that one I'm afraid! You would think that all maintenance would be done during closed season but gremlins can get in...

On 14/05/2016 at 11:02 PM, Mysterio Ka said:

I wish I had evidence to confirm it, but I have heard, from a lot of trustworthy sources that this will be a multi car (3 car) ride. Obviously my account is as good as the next person, but this is what I have listened to from multiple sources.

If this is the case, which I believe it to be too - we've only seen one tube carriage on site so far, unless they've snuck others in without people seeing (which I wouldn't assume to be the case considering how often anything remotely - or not even - that interesting gets photographed!). I'm just thinking - if it is to open with just 1 carriage, then - although joked about previously - think of the throughput :o

16 minutes ago, MattyMoo said:

If this is the case, which I believe it to be too - we've only seen one tube carriage on site so far, unless they've snuck others in without people seeing (which I wouldn't assume to be the case considering how often anything remotely - or not even - that interesting gets photographed!). I'm just thinking - if it is to open with just 1 carriage, then - although joked about previously - think of the throughput :o

But what if it only requires one carriage, and there is another form of transit that you get on after the carriage. If it does supposedly drop, you could get off at the bottom of that drop and enter another vehicle that was put in during the closed season, therefore not discovered and photographed? Just an idea, however...

Or the more likely option would be that the other 2/3 vehicles were put in in the closed season to hide them from everyone. 

I wouldn't assume that there was just a single carriage sitting outside, when looking at it from slammer they were extremely long and there is no way it would have fit in the building if it were a single train - on top of this there was likely one already inside (as they seemed to all be under one large cover), otherwise why bother leaving the door wide open?

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic