Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

With the Smiler they didn't know they were going to definitely open till about 10:30 am on the actual day it opened (31st). Management kept waking past us telling us we should go and ride other rides as they doubted it would open.

So I honestly am not sure we will hear much before it just soft opens (which is a total shame for us fans).

The queue line sign now reads "DEPARTS IN Unavalible". Likely to be along the lines of "DEPARTS IN 60 MINUTES". The photo area is now ready to go with all screens stating "Scan Your Ticket View Your Photo". Bin have been added to the queue, the shop doors are closed (the ones that riders will exit into the shop through) and work seems to be complete on the exterior. We are very close now, with staff training happening as I type this I can see it being Friday, if not bank holiday weekend! :)

I've just come across this Instagram account that is thoroughly claiming he knows what the illusion is. He says that the track is surrounded by 8m tall and 2m wide mirrors, and that it is 'dangerous' because they would shatter due to the rides vibrations. He's also claiming a maze will be involved. 

I for one don't believe much of this. The account is called Merlinhater after all! Mirrors may be used at points during the ride, but they would be 100% safe or else the ride wouldn't open. What does everyone else think of this? Lies or possibly the truth?

image.png

So they have looked at images of the train and saw the mirrors, then made up an excuse after it's been confirmed the delay was due to illusions in the VR not working as expected and topped it off with saying there is a maze after reading there is involvement with actors (yet Derren has opposed this heavily). Someone is looking for attention me thinks...

What stops him from searching the design companies involved and finding out the same name and number you had? The person wouldn't put their number online if they were part of the design team because Merlin would be able to instantly take legal action. 

Hmm, it's not too difficult to find all the companies is all I'm thinking. I wouldn't look into it too much, if it does turn out to be correct (which lets face it, it won't) I suppose he will be finding himself in some heavy legal trouble! 

On the other hand, you could look at the fact the train is suspended 3 meters above the ground and the mirrors surrounding the base are 8 meters tall according to this person, I'm no maths expert but that would cover the train...

At the end of the day, it's all speculation until proved true. Either way it will end with them looking like and idiot or getting into a TONNE of trouble, so it's a loose loose situation for them anyway. 

5 minutes ago, cianjs said:

I searched his name on Twitter. He is part of the company he stated to be part of. And yes, he is part of Ghost Train. These images prove that" uploadfromtaptalk1463851973553.png

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Looks like someone's getting fired.

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic