Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

Interestingly, Some images have been taken out of the Article such as the seating arrangement photo, the one of the generator and other thing that I can't remember.

Also the article has been severely shortened, very haphazardly too so looks like it was done in a rush :D 

At one point you are thrown out of the carriage and... we won't give away any more about the story,

Something tells me TechRadar have had a slap on the wrist :D

The queue time sign has been updated, granted only minimally but an update is an update. "DEPARTS IN Unavailable" has been changed to "DEPARTS IN UNAVAILABLE". Thank god, it was driving me nuts that "navailable" wasn't in capitals haha!

image.jpeg

6 hours ago, KingNemesis said:

Interestingly, Some images have been taken out of the Article such as the seating arrangement photo, the one of the generator and other thing that I can't remember.

Also the article has been severely shortened, very haphazardly too so looks like it was done in a rush :D 

Something tells me TechRadar have had a slap on the wrist :D

At least half of the article has been removed, and all of that half does happen to be what did once spoil some elements of the ride (including the pictures). As you said, the author has most likely had a good talking to by Thorpe..

Should this thread be in the future section or due to how soon it's (hopefully) opening, is there no point?

I'm glad that the majority of that review has been edited - Thorpe seem to be very good at keeping this a secret at the moment. After all, it would be a great shame if after all this secretivity, an Instagram account or a review leaked all the information... ;)

18 hours ago, CharlieN said:

Should this thread be in the future section or due to how soon it's (hopefully) opening, is there no point?

I'm glad that the majority of that review has been edited - Thorpe seem to be very good at keeping this a secret at the moment. After all, it would be a great shame if after all this secretivity, an Instagram account or a review leaked all the information... ;)

It will be leaked. As soon as this opens, it will be on all the fan sites, like the early name and theme slip up. Although, they must be excited by the fact this is the only attraction they've ever had such control over.

I still fear MMM inability to create theatrics. For me, it's how the Simworx and VR tech come together.

As well as providing people with less than a week's notice for a second time, the bigger concern for me is that Thorpe are still using the excuse of "creative reasons" for this delay.

This results in people's expectations coupled with the constant marketing for the ride to be higher than previously, and some people (I'm not) will be expecting an amazing experience that will make it the best ride in the park, when the truth might be that it doesn't add up at all to the hype.

I'm not saying that I'm expecting the experience to be bad, I'm just saying this excuse Thorpe are using currently for the delay will ultimately not sit well with many guests when they come to ride it on opening weekend and many of whom will wonder what caused the postponed date in the first place if they aren't impressed by the experience.

This ride is essentially turning into another version of Th13teen - overhyped, under-delivered.

Why invest in something with so much new technology when their reliability on existing, tried-and-tested rides is already awful?  Why get something that heavily relies on effects/headsets working when they don't even maintain their current effects?

It's a disgrace to be airing the adverts on TV stating "end of May", I saw two yesterday!  What sort of clueless so-and-so gives a second timescale after the backlash the first delay got?

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic