Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

Conveniently all of the ones about Fastrack have gone :D #conspiracy

Haha! Only joking! But seriously, Back to DBGT chat, I think Thorpe have seriously missed there chance on this being a huge huge hit. The delays have meant that the hype has died massively and quite a few people have lost interest (myself included)

I may not even ride it this year as I don't know if I can be bothered to trek down south when there is a much better park about an hour away... 

I think its natural hype will die down - the biggest problem with this than say Smiler's delay is that when you visited the park you would see Smiler going around testing, you could see the progress. Where as with DBGT the building looks largely the same as it did when the park opened, of course progress will be being made but unfortunately we cant see any of it from outside! 

22 minutes ago, Marc said:

I think its natural hype will die down - the biggest problem with this than say Smiler's delay is that when you visited the park you would see Smiler going around testing, you could see the progress. Where as with DBGT the building looks largely the same as it did when the park opened, of course progress will be being made but unfortunately we cant see any of it from outside! 

Yes, hype will die down, again look at Smiler... First couple of months it was the next coaster coming of christ, now it's... Meh.

The problem is hype is extremely good for visitor numbers, "Oooh that looks epic let's go on that" 

You have to make the most of hype as indeed it is a fleeting thing... I think if it opened when it should, Gate numbers would have been much greater.

I think it will still be popular, but not as much as it would have been.

Smiler is still the most popular ride at Towers though, even with the crash... It's anything but meh outside the enthusiast circles...

Assume once Thorpe finalise a date (again), then they'll advertise it to all and sundry... There are no brakes on the hype train after all...

I think once this eventually opens, word of mouth will play a massive part in getting people in.  Once a date is set, the social media push will come again and that will hype up enough people to get the initial jump in gate figure for the first few days/weeks.  Word of mouth will then spread and - assuming it is well received - people will hear "You've got to go there and do it", which will just continue and improve numbers all the more. 

9 minutes ago, Benin said:

Smiler is still the most popular ride at Towers though, even with the crash... It's anything but meh outside the enthusiast circles...

Assume once Thorpe finalise a date (again), then they'll advertise it to all and sundry... There are no brakes on the hype train after all...

Most Popular and Rubbish Throughput are two very different things ;)

There may be no brakes but I think it's missed its stop!

I agree it's slowed down and even I have lost interest also. It's been a slow enough construction topic and now with everyone pouring over SW8, Alton Towers have nabbed the limelight a little. Sure this will be popular and I'll ride it, but it's getting close to that time of year, where I won't bother visiting.

Too bad they can't reveal something to reignite peoples interest, as right now their secrecey is killing it.

1 hour ago, KingNemesis said:

Most Popular and Rubbish Throughput are two very different things ;)

There may be no brakes but I think it's missed its stop!

Getting around 800 to 1'000 an hour in the peak operation times is not what could be termed as rubbish throughput... It certainly gets more now than Galactica does I'd wager... Which would make it the 4th highest throughput coaster on park now I believe...

Don't write opinions as facts...

2 hours ago, Benin said:

Getting around 800 to 1'000 an hour in the peak operation times is not what could be termed as rubbish throughput... It certainly gets more now than Galactica does I'd wager... Which would make it the 4th highest throughput coaster on park now I believe...

Don't write opinions as facts...

Galactica does about 28 per hour I think. I timed it once and got about that number ;)

It's not just that the hype has died down between us enthusiasts,  it's as is it is being actively suppressed by Thorpe. Like they want us to forget it exists at all, no teasing been going on for a while now. I'm supprised they've not used those mirrors on the outside to make it appear the building isn't even there. Move along,  nothing to see here.

This does not fill me with confidence that the opening is anything like imminent. 

The resort have stopped advertising full stop, not just with Ghost Train. While I see your point the resort has begun posting on social media channels again, and with the photo frames I'd like to hope the ride will be opening soon-ish. Then again, I'm not really expecting anything in the next few days...

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic