Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

11 hours ago, cianjs said:

db3e0c0ad770d7d571fce6ad83aba2d2.jpg

I don't really think it was necessary to put this up on the board. It's like them saying, "Yeah, we know you're all disappointed that you can't ride it, but these people can and we'll advertise it to everyone to annoy you some more". It could've just been kept as unavailable.

This is excellent news however! Can't be much longer before we see an opening date!

20 minutes ago, MilesK said:

I don't really think it was necessary to put this up on the board. It's like them saying, "Yeah, we know you're all disappointed that you can't ride it, but these people can and we'll advertise it to everyone to annoy you some more". It could've just been kept as unavailable.

This is excellent news however! Can't be much longer before we see an opening date!

Staff were queuing up for the ride and not wearing uniform, they put this up to stop guests thinking the ride was open for them.

That's a bit of an overraction. Is it really "repulsive" to expect a very expensive attraction to treat its customers well? Sure, many guests do have a horrible interpretation of 'rights' as a customer, and that's unfortunate; the park has a right to close its rides but guests would be very justified to complain about the way this ride's advertised opening has been handled. 

The sign in question simply prevents the onslaught of questions to staff of 'who are they queueing/is the ride open then/why aren't I allowed to queue with them?, etc. Nothing more.

Well this just took a negative turn! Shall we move on?

Apparently there are various staff members gathered around the exit of the ride (near photos), it has not been confirmed if they are wearing themed attraction specific uniforms (which would hint at a soft opening today or tomorrow). Things are starting to heat up again, fingers crossed for an opening date soon!

Personally, I see Derren 'signing the ride off' but more so in a way that he will ride it and say if it's ready to go tomorrow or Monday. I can then see an announcement being made after this confirmation has went through. Like Marc says, I don't believe they'd wait any longer to open the ride with Derren there - as at this point they really need to get it operational!

Oh yes definitely, however I'd expect they'd hold Derren's opinion highly considering it has his name on it, but as you say the final decision will be by Merlin Magic Making. I do hope they open during the week, as not only does it allow for the kinks to be knocked out before the weekend, but also allows for the park to be slightly quieter during its opening - helping staff get into it (and letting adults get on it without children around!) :)

20 hours ago, cianjs said:

db3e0c0ad770d7d571fce6ad83aba2d2.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I honestly can't believe the park would put that on the status sign. It's gonna anger so many people. Imagine if you PAID to get in to find it was shut then you saw that. 

Biggest mistake thorpe have done in my eyes..... I don't mind them using staff to test it but don't put it on the sign outside the ride 

People calm down. It's a sign that they put up to avoid people asking to go on - nothing more nothing less. There's really no need to argue with one another, we all have opinions. It's understandable people are getting agitated, but taking it out on each other won't help anyone. I suggest moving on from the sign to avoid further arguments. :)

^ This. There are numerous reasons for a sign like this to be placed, including the fact that as said above, people will be wondering why there are people in the attraction even if it is closed to the general public.

Not only this but have you seen some of the visitors theme parks gain these days? One of the reasons why the theme park industry as a whole has evolved is because of the audience it attracts. It wouldn't surprise me at all, if that sign weren't up, if a bunch of guests would jump the fence in order to get in the queue. (not on this attraction but) I have seen that happen before too. It makes perfect sense to have that sign up, and at the end of the day if Thorpe choose to use it, then it will be used.

8 hours ago, Insider said:

Why on earth is it the "biggest mistake Thorpe have done"? It's THEIR sign, THEIR attraction, within THEIR property / park. They are putting THEIR staff on it to test. What part of that are you so disgruntled with, that you deem it to be a mistake by Thorpe? Please, explain and elaborate.

It's all very well doing staff testing, my question is, why are they doing the staff testing during opening hours. This is the kind of stuff they used to do after the park was closed as it avoids upsetting the paying guests who can quite visibly see people riding something that by all accounts is now ready to open.

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic