Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

I think what a lot of people sometimes forget is these parks are there to entertain the general public, the general public expectations of a theme park trip is significantly lower than what a coaster enthusiasts would be.

I'm a frequent visitor to Thorpe and am well aware they are not perfect, but each time I go I'm able to enjoy my day out get on, which lets be honest here are a selection of very good rides and enjoy my day out, I can visit as much as I like all year for under £200 a year, that includes the other top theme parks in the uk and a whole host of other attractions, the value for money here is quite incredible really.

Having differnt opinions is good and promotes healthy discussion which is the point of these forums but please let's try keep this on topic and all look forward to getting on The Ghost Train, which is ultimately the reason we are all posting here!

Looking at the new ramp covering, could this be a hint to the story? Maybe you will look under the rail road tracks?

Along with this, a poster on the building has caught my eye - "keep the bad stuff underground". We know a large focus on this has a London Underground-esk look, so maybe it refers to this? Possibly we enter the train, but then are told to leave for some reason (maybe due to fracking releasing some sort of hideous gas?) however at this point we would be in a London underground looking place, meaning we are where the 'bad stuff' lurks?

Just an idea - not long to wait now! :)

It sounded like he wasn't really happy with the project. Sounds like Merlin wanted to have VR tech in this attraction but the tech severely limited the creative freedom that the digital content company wanted. I think he is right, it is going to be a few years until VR reaches an 'optimum'. Another rush to have a 'worlds first'?

(Last post sorry)

@Insider No matter how hypocritical I'm being, I do agree with your points. I think you just couldve phrased them nicer.

@Tom I think the Flume and Ripsaw is the wrong example. Ripsaw has been ripped apart (pun intended), and Flume is being taken apart as we speak (I think?), whereas Sub Terra and co are just sort of sitting there.

@Marc To back this up, we all love the theming, whereas my friend simply doesnt care, he says he only likes "big theming" such as Swarm's.

2 hours ago, Owen said:

Looking at the new ramp covering, could this be a hint to the story? Maybe you will look under the rail road tracks?

Along with this, a poster on the building has caught my eye - "keep the bad stuff underground". We know a large focus on this has a London Underground-esk look, so maybe it refers to this? Possibly we enter the train, but then are told to leave for some reason (maybe due to fracking releasing some sort of hideous gas?) however at this point we would be in a London underground looking place, meaning we are where the 'bad stuff' lurks?

Just an idea - not long to wait now! :)

Where have I heard this before?

nemesis-sub-terra.jpg

YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE ... UNDERGROUND! :lol:

"AND REMEMBER... TAAACCCHHH NAFFINK!"

Related to the topic:

I hope we hear more from DBGT in the next few days in regards to opening as hopefully staff previews went well and the ride wasn't a steaming pile of disappointment!

However like most of us have said, I wouldn't be surprised if it just opened without warning and it was just a post on social media saying "Hey guys, We are open!"

sorry if anyone has posted anything interesting on the last few pages, as I have had to swipe past pretty much all of the uninteresting posts of certain people moaning.  

Has as anyone seen any unofficial reviews from the staff yet? That BBC documentary has got me hyped at the amount of detail and time they appear to have taken on the story line and special effects!

31 minutes ago, StevenVig said:

Really?

ba9e60db412e86c402e45fd3d49ac8a4.jpg

This is what train staff wore. 

Oh no... It's not 100% historically accurate! ;)

They may possibly have jackets, although might not have decided not to wear them. Dependent on weather etc.

We have seen two images of staff who work on a ride that has not even opened yet. Let's not judge so soon!

Considering we don't know the context of the ride as of yet, who are we to say what's 'accurate' or not. 

I personally like these uniforms as you can see these are the semi - permanent type, so staff are able to remove aspects if they are needed desperately somewhere else. I can see staff solely based inside the attraction wearing clothing of a much higher detail! 

37 minutes ago, KingNemesis said:

Oh no... It's not 100% historically accurate! ;)

They may possibly have jackets, although might not have decided not to wear them. Dependent on weather etc.

We have seen two images of staff who work on a ride that has not even opened yet. Let's not judge so soon!

£200,000 says that the uniform will not change. 

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic