Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

Going back to themed uniform, let's look at Disney and more directly, Tower of Terror...

Those outfits are very basic when you consider what they actually are, trousers and a jacket and a hat... There's a bit if detailing, but really nothing too over the top... Its something that you see throughout Disney, basic, practical themed outfits...

Good on UK parks joining the fray I say...

Perhaps one of the problems is that the most recent comparisson we have is The Smiler which had a highly elaborate and in your face uniform which very much suited a highly elaborate and in your face theme. 

Less is more sometimes. The non-descript uniform supports the idea of mystery and ambiguity of this particular ride. 

5 hours ago, Owen said:

I wouldn't class saying advice given by staff who've ridden it as a spoiler personally (apologies if it is) - as I've still not got a clue what happens! :)

Less, or more chance of being picked out for some interactive task?  (In Shrek people think standing at the back or to one side means they won't get picked without realising the actors all have ear pieces and know who has already been picked).

21 hours ago, ChessingtonSam said:

@Tom I think the Flume and Ripsaw is the wrong example. Ripsaw has been ripped apart (pun intended), and Flume is being taken apart as we speak (I think?), whereas Sub Terra and co are just sort of sitting there.

You completely missed the point of my post in that enthusiasts have a sense of entitlement and ridiculous expectations, hence the rides stated

Edit:  On my phone and didn't see the last few pages before posting

The preshow does not contain VR but a differnt kind of traditional illusion. The significant flaws with the VR he refers to have presumbaly been worked around now in order for the attraction to be opened, so will be interesting to see if all the attraction is functioning upon opening or if there are elements they've had to give up with.

It should be noted that this interview was filmed way back in the febuary - may period. If figment were not happy with knowing the capabilities of the VR, then I very much doubt they even get involved. I'm sure it'll be fantastic - much like staff are saying.

My guess for the pre-show (which is the first room as seen on plans) is it'll be a peppers ghost effect, however I'm unsure why staff are advising people to head to the far side of the room.

7 minutes ago, Owen said:

It should be noted that this interview was filmed way back in the febuary - may period. If figment were not happy with knowing the capabilities of the VR, then I very much doubt they even get involved. I'm sure it'll be fantastic - much like staff are saying.

My guess for the pre-show (which is the first room as seen on plans) is it'll be a peppers ghost effect, however I'm unsure why staff are advising people to head to the far side of the room.

Jump Scare?

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic