Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

Just now, Owen said:

People talking about Merlin cutting staff, then Alton Towers install a ride that needs around 20 people to staff it...

But it's not in Alton's budget at the moment, it's another bizarre short term investment that in the long run is likely to cause problems for the park.

At the end of the day, people really need to stop judging how the attraction will be operated before it's even opened. We don't know the extent actors and staff will be needed - and so having more or less actors at a time may hinder or not effect the experience. 

Once people have have ridden the ride I feel that then it is okay to start with the "oh it will be okay until X Y and Z are cut". I'm not Merlins biggest fan, but I (and I'm sure a few others) are getting tired of this debate as its come up so many times and the outcome is always the same - there isn't one because no one is none the wiser.

35 minutes ago, Owen said:

At the end of the day, people really need to stop judging how the attraction will be operated before it's even opened. We don't know the extent actors and staff will be needed - and so having more or less actors at a time may hinder or not effect the experience. 

Once people have have ridden the ride I feel that then it is okay to start with the "oh it will be okay until X Y and Z are cut". I'm not Merlins biggest fan, but I (and I'm sure a few others) are getting tired of this debate as its come up so many times and the outcome is always the same - there isn't one because no one is none the wiser.

It's only going by previous experience and it is ok to speculate. We want this ride to be perfect beyond its first couple of seasons after all, it shouldn't be a case of only at the top of its game for the first few years of its existence.

I think they are just asking if you're going to attend honestly haha! 

Personally I can see an after hours softs for hotel guests, that way the park is quieter and there's less chance of the public moaning if they see anyone evacuated...

33 minutes ago, Owen said:

Oh was it? :o 

I apologise, I had no clue it was there in 2012! 

Yeah, but when it first started it was only going off once every 7-10 circuits.  It was only from 2013 they made it once every 3(?) circuits, and even more often than that on quiet days / Summer Nights.

I'm not sure how often it's been going off this season though; I think it's more like once every 5?

5 hours ago, Owen said:

People talking about Merlin cutting staff, then Alton Towers install a ride experience that needs around 20 people to staff it...

You don't know what you're talking about then, since Alton Towers have had significant cuts to their staff deliberately, and Galactica's staff are all paid for the first 2 seasons by MMM's budget, so in effect Towers management have saved on the entire cost of running Air for 2 years. As soon as those years are up, the cost cutting will come down on Galactica too.

The Swarm fire effect was meant to be there from the very beginning but MMM failed to make that appear on time too..

There's a difference between people judging before it opens and people being quite rightly cautious considering an atrocious track record and the problems this project has faced already before it's opened. I'm sure more will come to light soon

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic