Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

40 minutes ago, Owen said:

Fastrack will be unavailable to regular guests for awhile after the attraction opens, with only VIP pass holders being able to use this line. :)

No surprises here really; Fastrack was always rumoured to be unavailable for the first month or so. But I guess if your paying up to £500 then you get the right to be above everyone else. Ugh, why can't everyone be treated equally and not go by the logic of 'more money equals better treatment'..

4 hours ago, Martin.C said:

Seems odd if this tent is for timed tickets because Thorpe generally like seeing big queues on their rides so they can sell more Fastrack to the guests, so wouldn't this reduce Fastrack sales instead? :blink:

Either that or we could be seeing something similar again to Vampire in April 2015 where it only ran a 1 train operation and unless you made it to the ride's entrance before 10:15am just after the park opens, you couldn't get on it for the day as they sold out of time slots. Hopefully that won't happen if it does open this weekend as it will annoy a lot of people who arrive later into the park.

Hence why they haven't announced it opening... I think the limited timed tickets will happen. So noone can complain they're annoyed it ran out of slots. Well they will, but if it's not officially announced as open, then they haven't got a leg to stand on. 

I won't be conTENT until they reveal to us what ideas they have PITCHED about this ride! Us enthusiasts are practically CAMPING outside the ride to find out any details possible! 

In all seriousness though, it's probably close to opening soon right? The mysterious tent just makes me more curious!

39 minutes ago, James Allgood said:

There's ALOT of staff milling around today... As much as I would love for them to open it today I don't see it happening. Maybe Monday or Tuesday? But I guess there just open it without saying 

image.jpeg

I wouldn't be surprised if they do open it today with the amount of staff they've got in there. The mysterious black tent is also there too...

I understand they did this during park hours which frankly I find appalling.  What a huge kick in the teeth for everyone on park today to see people being let in when they've spent all that money.

Thankfully I wasn't there, I've lost interest in this attraction but yet again they've completely mismanaged something which will cause annoyance and upset amongst the majority of paying customers!

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic