Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

9 minutes ago, Nick Hutson said:

Wish the announcement was themed. 

I originally thought that, but then I think it is as it's reminiscent of a train announcement - and I don't think (not sure) that this style of amnouncement is used okay any other Thorpe rides? 

5 minutes ago, cianjs said:

Just read this; "DBGT staff are all dressed up and V.I.P Merlin Annual Pass/ Hotel Guests are congregating outside the entrance. Has this happened any of the other days people have been testing it? I think somethings specials happening! Possibly Derren himself is coming to try it out?". I'm not too informed on this but what do you guys think?

Hasn't Derren already been and tried the ride out? And it makes sense that they are congregating outside the entrance; they're waiting to be let in.

The first picture here is a post by scream seeker showing staff in a themed uniform - this uniform looks different to the other one, however.

Is it just me or does this look like an underground style modern outfit as opposed to a Victorian one? It would be a lovely touch if the staff had different outfits!

(The latter picture show the Iondon underground uniform)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

6 hours ago, Nick Hutson said:

Wish the announcement was themed. 

Might very well be since it sounds a bit like a tube train announcement. Although from my experience delay announcements usually aren't themed and they're just the ride operator addressing the queue instead.

While I agree that safety comes first, The Smiler also has a very bland announcement message, however the jingle they play before an after shows a little bit of expression. And I believe the ride ops used to (I don't know if they still do) sign off their announcements with "Thank you for enjoying this message" too. 

Would've been nice just to have a "bing bong" or something. But hey it's not the end of the world I guess. 

Regardless of the theming, the announcement is also pretty odd. Its obviously intended for people inside the ride itself, and doesn't sound like an e-stop message. I'm assuming it might have something to do with accessibility? Such as Duel's announcement that they make while they stop it for wheelchair access. 

31 minutes ago, MattyMoo said:

I'm pleasantly surprised/infuriated (delete as appropriate) that none of the hotel guests who have ridden it have leaked anything to social media about it - I know that NDA's are about but I'm sure the Staines massive don't care about those ;)

Actually someone did post a review/description of the ride over at Towers Times, which was quickly deleted because of the NDA. I didn't read it myself as I want to keep it a surprise but at least one person has leaked info about it.

34 minutes ago, MattyMoo said:

I'm pleasantly surprised/infuriated (delete as appropriate) that none of the hotel guests who have ridden it have leaked anything to social media about it - I know that NDA's are about but I'm sure the Staines massive don't care about those ;)

The problem with that sentence is the word Hotel Guests and Staines massive. If you live that close why would you stay in an overpriced shipping container? ;)

People who stay in the hot boxes are classy people ;)

4 minutes ago, MattyMoo said:

I guess if you are staying in the shipping container hotel then TP will have your details... so it wouldn't be too difficult to work out/find whoever leaked something.

MASSIVE SARCASM ALERT

Well as it turns out... I stopped in the hotel and have been on the Ghost Train...

I loved the bit where the [REDACTED]

Spoke to a few members of staff on Sunday. Apparently they gave out around 100 tickets randomly around the park to people to try it out as well as hotel guests.

Also got told that Derren was there a few days ago and was impressed, it was literally tiny things that needed fixing which have been done, and that it's pretty much just staff training now.

They also said that if these openings continue to go well it should be open within 1-2 weeks. 

Unsure if it opened again last night.

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic