Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

I was in thorpe park yesterday and it was very interesting to say the least.

I remember that I was inside the Ghost Train Shop as I overheard two men speaking to a man. These two men claimed that they worked on galactica (these two men were in suits)

I think they may be there to test or examine the virtual reality aspect of the ride

27 minutes ago, Stuntman707 said:

Why can't they just open the ride now they're letting a select handful of people on? How much testing and tweaking do they need to do? I appreciate they don't want to rush things but at the same time, they must be getting to a point now where they're just nitpicking.

Staff training. And actor training with small audiences. 

It's getting very tedious now. We haven't had any proper updates since the last delay and it's nearly been two months since the ride was meant to open!

How much longer is it going to take to 'finesse the illusion'? People have been riding it, so surely it is ready.

I'm still hoping for a July 1st opening date, but it is now starting to look more and more unlikely as that date draws nearer..

Back to this again haha?

A ride being ready and a ride being safe are different things. In order to keep riders safe they'd need to test any large mechanical devices a great deal. Now riders are going on, we know it's safe, and now they have given feedback the park may need to correct things, meaning it may not be ready. I can see them fixing little niggles, sorting out timings - as this is extremely important within Ghost Train and then we will see an opening. Sorry if that's a little confusing!

It's incredibly annoying, trust me I've had to cancel many visits, however now I see July 1st - 3rd being an opening and of course I'll be down as soon as possible! :P

10 minutes ago, Stuntman707 said:

Surely two months of safety testing should have been planned from the start though? Why would they announce an opening date before they knew whether the ride would be safe?

The changes made weren't planned, and every time a change is made they'd probably have to test it again.

(Please tell me if I'm wrong, if not that's the first time I've answered a a question like that on here instead of asking it lol)

I can confirm on Wednesday this week there were a further 100 randomly selected members of the public riding ghost train, along with what I suspected to be hotel guests (there appeared to be more then 100 in the queue line as one of the back extensions were open).

Upon asking the person at main gate, they confirmed that 100 people had been selected however nothing about the hotel.

7 minutes ago, James Allgood said:

Without sounding like "one of those" is there any proof? Haha

On the other side of the coin, do we need any sort of proof?  We know that members of public have been riding it (after signing NDAs) recently, and that these are quite low-key.  

This thread has become tedious enough without having to see pictures of people standing in a queue line every few days...

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic