Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

on park rn, got to the ride at 10am and it was closed so they gave us priority passes. it reopened at about 3 and we used the passes and then the ride shut down before it even finishes it's first cycle, apparently due to a power cut. we were given free tickets to the park and more priority passes to the ride but nobody knows if it'll open later. kinda dissapointed :/

Derren Browns Ghost Train was meant to open at 11am today.

We get to the ride at 10-45 to be told the ride would be opening at 3.

We come back at 2-30 and we got let into the queue.

Two groups get let in at 3. At 3-10 everything stops. No music, no more groups going in...

30 minutes later, we get told that it won't be opening today due to a power cut.

Absolutely dreadful for it's third day of it's official operating life.

Was really annoyed with it yesterday... But ah well sh** happens. Got evacuated after the preshow just as we were waiting to board the train... It looks so impressive!

When waiting to go on,  I seen the batcher with a piece of paper in his hand with two lines to split it into 3 parts and had a number in each: 50 | 45 | 45

Does that suggest 3 trains in use running on the reduced capacity? And could each train have a different endings as mentioned above? 

Ghost Train was a mess at the end of the day today.  Lots of people were complaining that their headsets weren't working, including me and my group as some were slanted, and one of mine was showing a black and white screen.  The third time I got one that worked to an extent, however it was glitchy and a bar kept appearing on the screen.

This caused us (and others) to have to move around to different seats once the sequence had already started meaning that we missed out on some of it.  As well as this, some headsets are broken (already!) as the headphones had come partly unattached from the mask.

I have concerns about the long term future of this attraction considering that it's having these issues already.

I'm also not sure how many different versions there are - I've now been on three times and had the same thing each time (apart from the first character being a woman the first time and a man both times today), and the people I was with said they had the same thing as well on both rides today.  It's already losing the re-rideability factor for me.

I'm not sure if by 12 different journey's they mean just 12 different characters in the beginning section. Then 2 finales. Heck, you could almost have 6 different characters at the beginning, and the 2 different ends makes a potential for 12 different rides. The use of 12 different journey's is slightly misleading I think. 

I would also assume that piece of paper you mention Dean does detail the capacity of each of the trains at the moment so the batcher knows how many to batch. I think the different endings are meant to be different throughout the train so you could be like "nah I had this :o" and all get confused about what happened.

58 minutes ago, Coaster Jamie said:

Ghost Train was a mess at the end of the day today.  Lots of people were complaining that their headsets weren't working, including me and my group as some were slanted, and one of mine was showing a black and white screen.  The third time I got one that worked to an extent, however it was glitchy and a bar kept appearing on the screen.

This caused us (and others) to have to move around to different seats once the sequence had already started meaning that we missed out on some of it.  As well as this, some headsets are broken (already!) as the headphones had come partly unattached from the mask.

I have concerns about the long term future of this attraction considering that it's having these issues already.

I'm also not sure how many different versions there are - I've now been on three times and had the same thing each time (apart from the first character being a woman the first time and a man both times today), and the people I was with said they had the same thing as well on both rides today.  It's already losing the re-rideability factor for me.

These are the sort of things which long term will be sorted - they can have tech rehearsals and staff rides as much as they like but it don't come close to 1000's of people riding it daily. 

Contractors are still on site and I expect will be for a while yet!

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic