Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

Spoke with an engineer who came out of DBGT this morning. He told me they're fixing all the teething issues of Ghost Train such as the ride system, the computers, the train doors and some of the 4D effects. He went as far as promising it to be 110% better than before. Unfortunately, he also said that even the engineers don't have a clue when it'll be next open... ****e.

11 minutes ago, cianjs said:

Spoke with an engineer who came out of DBGT this morning. He told me they're fixing all the teething issues of Ghost Train such as the ride system, the computers, the train doors and some of the 4D effects. He went as far as promising it to be 110% better than before. Unfortunately, he also said that even the engineers don't have a clue when it'll be next open... ****e.

If they're fixing all of that, another week I'd say. Perfectly timed for when the schools go back so they can earn maximum profit..

We went on 27th July a staff member told us the earliest it has opened has been 11am. Shortly after our visit, it broke down for good and remains what it is now. So, unless I am wrong and during soft opens it was running (and going by what I was told), I don't think this ride has opened for a full Thorpe Park day.

1 hour ago, MattyMoo said:

I don't think it has done a full day has it, as in, open when the park opens?

So in essence it's the Anti-Swarm.

Think about it:

Swarm is a rollercoaster, DBGT is not.

Swarm has inversions, DBGT does not.

Swarm (Until recently) hadnt been down a full day, DBGT hasn't been open one full day.

Swarm is manufactured by B&M, (part of) DBGT is manufactured by Intamin.

Swarm is themed around devestation and destruction, DBGT is... Oh.

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic