Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

Yep It opened at about 130 and had a 15 min queue. Within walking from stealth to the ride it had suddenly gone up to 120 min and the whole queue virtually full. My group weren't willing to wait so still not got to experience it :(. Pretty annoying considering it was my tenth visit this season and the first it has actually opened.

24 minutes ago, Marc said:

Ghost train is running really well today - currently with a 30'min fast moving queue - rode twice, no vr issues either rides, not seen it shutdown and both rides with trains full of screaming guests - it may split enthusiasts the the public seem to be loving it!

That's great, I hope it proves really popular if it's now running well.

6 hours ago, Cornflakes said:

Got 2 rides on Ghost Train yesterday, each time I'm going on it I'm enjoying it more, however that 2nd VR section is still bollocks.

Operations towards the end of the day were incredibly poor, our group was held up in the area between the pre show and the ride for about 10 minutes, and by the time we got in the train so many people were put in in one go that the operators struggled to find everyone a seat, it was a bit of a mess.

One old guy attempted to sit on the floor as a form of protest but the operators were having none of it as there was definitely a free seat somewhere.

jeremycorbynsghosttrain.jpg

So that's where Jeremy Corbyn's been hiding since Brexit. ;)

Had another go on Ghost Train today, noticed the following;

- Queueline soundtrack not playing

- Awful batching meaning that we had to wait for a while in the corridor between the preshow and main building, and then again in the main building.  The attraction itself should not be a queue!

- Infection check not being used (though this is a plus IMO)

- Really slow throughput.

- Glitchy headsets with audio only just audible.

I've ridden Ghost Train a few times now, and it has already become boring to me.  Hopefully others feel different, but for me there is no rerideability factor at all, there's too much waiting around and the experience becomes too repetitive - it's like watching the same film over and over again really, except that it's attached to your face rather than on a bigger screen.

Had my first go on ghost train today. Agreeing with the above, was a pain knowing all of these exist, ie the soundtrack and infection checks, and it did have a few batching problems I noticed! I believe it was shut for a while whilst I was queueing.

Having a group of lads taunting 'Derren' in the pre show was rather annoying too!:mellow:

Inside the actual attraction the audio was very quiet, struggling to hear the first VR scene at all. Good effects, enjoyed the experience. Actors in the live action scene very animated, thought they were very good! Didn't understand a lot of the second VR, seemed disjointed to me.

All of my friends seemed to enjoy, believe between the group (7 total) we had 3 different first scenes.

Even they all admitted, it's probably something they wouldn't ride again, this year at least. They'd go on it again but wouldn't rush to it, perhaps next year when the experience will be more 'fresh' to them.. Which I can understand their point them being non-enthusiast!

I did enjoy the attraction, but just a few of the bugs need to be worked out... And personally the second VR can be improved! By far not disappointed, it still has potential. I hope the closed season can help this attraction.

Experiencing the usual issues with the Ghost Train today - waited outside entrance for around 30 minutes before being let into the queueline, only to be told that the ride had ceased operation a few minutes later! This was quickly followed by another announcement saying it was back in operation and then another one 10 minutes later saying it was experiencing technical problems! Waited too long not to leave now but it is very frustrating! Also both photo points not working and no music :(

UPDATE: the queue is moving!

15 hours ago, TPMSam said:

Had my first go on ghost train today. Agreeing with the above, was a pain knowing all of these exist, ie the soundtrack and infection checks, and it did have a few batching problems I noticed! I believe it was shut for a while whilst I was queueing.

Having a group of lads taunting 'Derren' in the pre show was rather annoying too!:mellow:

Inside the actual attraction the audio was very quiet, struggling to hear the first VR scene at all. Good effects, enjoyed the experience. Actors in the live action scene very animated, thought they were very good! Didn't understand a lot of the second VR, seemed disjointed to me.

All of my friends seemed to enjoy, believe between the group (7 total) we had 3 different first scenes.

Even they all admitted, it's probably something they wouldn't ride again, this year at least. They'd go on it again but wouldn't rush to it, perhaps next year when the experience will be more 'fresh' to them.. Which I can understand their point them being non-enthusiast!

I did enjoy the attraction, but just a few of the bugs need to be worked out... And personally the second VR can be improved! By far not disappointed, it still has potential. I hope the closed season can help this attraction.

@TPMSam when you say 3 different scenes, do you mean scenes or characters? You can see my full opinion on the spoilers tab, I was left (like most) at the end of the ride saying "is that it" "wtf" etc. and not wanting to ride again. I did, however, have a FT ticket for it, so went on a 2nd time begrudgingly. Although I had exactly the same characters, story line etc. both myself and my friend  stated how much better it was the 2nd time round. I would encourage everyone to try and get a couple of goes on it, IMO it gets better (but I have only ridden it twice).  

2 hours ago, Rach666 said:

@TPMSam when you say 3 different scenes, do you mean scenes or characters? You can see my full opinion on the spoilers tab, I was left (like most) at the end of the ride saying "is that it" "wtf" etc. and not wanting to ride again. I did, however, have a FT ticket for it, so went on a 2nd time begrudgingly. Although I had exactly the same characters, story line etc. both myself and my friend  stated how much better it was the 2nd time round. I would encourage everyone to try and get a couple of goes on it, IMO it gets better (but I have only ridden it twice).  

Characters I believe, sorry! Probably didn't word that the best.

I personally will try it again on my next trip. It will be hard to encourage my friends, mainly due to the queue lengths. I'll try and convince them, but I would like to try it again to see if it does perhaps 'grip' me a bit more... If they don't want to I'll just go on myself (or choose new people to go with:P)

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic