Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

19 hours ago, 1729 said:

I mean I known people in situations like that where they have a NDA about future content but simultaneously have to interact and speculate with people about the stuff

He could tell us the full plan today, however he would lose the agreement with the park and not gain the info again

Its not as bad but seen other fandoms adopt in this situation a "any info known must be told otherwise gatekeeping, screw NDAs" I'm glad it hasn't become that bad just yet

The thing about DBGT is even if you remove the VR the ride system itself is complex, unreliable and has a very low throughput

and due to making that pretty awesome floating coach illusion, everything is supported off the ground, so a removal of equipment would be complex so you can't just gain a big warehouse easy

Its a prime plot with a for all intensive purposes a immovable object, you could turn it into a walk through maze, but you would have to either still run the train system, or install catwalks between the 3 trains and platforms to allow for a full walk through

iffy either way

at this point either ghost train becomes a de Derren'ed ride, SBNO or somthing random

or the CCR trains are being put in the ride to add to the train theme 😜 

SBNO is a Thorpe Park favourite, they love those. 

If that happens, all they'll do is what they've done here and replace the sign and pretend it never existed 👀

1105420203_Screenshot2023-01-12at17_04.03Large.thumb.jpeg.b6a1b104117ff00fec4f36f27a40bd43.jpeg

How odd that it’s now returned to the app.

Wonder if it’ll return without Derren?

Perhaps a new, relevant and up to date IP to go with the rest.

Ground Force Ghost Train perhaps?

Dale Winton’s Supermarket Sweep, the Ride?

Frances Bourgeois’ railway adventure? (Actually steady, I can see this actually being a thing…)

11 hours ago, StevenVig said:

That, has to be a mistake. All things related to the Derren IP have been ripped out.

I love how you say ripped out as if there is anything to rip out. 

All stuff specifically related to Derren is digital, or simply the ride's signage.

In any case, the ride has been receiving its winter maintenance, which suggests that - in one way or another - the physical hardware will be operational this season.

Interestingly enough it's been updated on the app to have the full name 'Derren Brown's Ghost Train', when I know for certain last season (and probably the seasons before then) it was just labelled as 'Ghost Train' on the app, because I remember questioning why they didn't use its full name on the app - so, unless they're leaving it until after an announcement to update the name on the app to remove all traces of Derren, I think it's safe to say that DBGT is remaining (for now).

7 minutes ago, coasterverse said:

Interestingly enough it's been updated on the app to have the full name 'Derren Brown's Ghost Train', when I know for certain last season (and probably the seasons before then) it was just labelled as 'Ghost Train' on the app, because I remember questioning why they didn't use its full name on the app - so, unless they're leaving it until after an announcement to update the name on the app to remove all traces of Derren, I think it's safe to say that DBGT is remaining (for now).

I wouldn't read toooo much into it being given it's full title on the app. Whoever put it back on probably forgot it used to be just called Ghost Train on there.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Inferno said:

Some rare shots of inside DBGT in the new TP recruitment videos on YouTube.

As much as I hate this ride, I’d love a look around it!

Anyone got any images of the ride behind the scenes? (Or is it still a bit of a taboo subject even now?)

A30D5E6C-CAB7-48A5-9101-2193153E8D67.png

7ACC5EB5-B359-4697-827F-374A84466C2A.png

FB503E48-545B-48E9-BC63-C44D69FE4E48.png

I've got to second this, I'd absolutely love to have a nosey around the full building outside of show mode. I've been working on a history of Derren Brown's Ghost Train documentary-style video for about a year now, but not actually gotten around to producing it yet. I'd love to go in and film it all before its inevitable demise in the future. Maybe it's worth an email to the park, idk. Still in two minds about it 😂

2 hours ago, TheSneakyFerret said:

It has been removed from the app again! 🤨

Interestingly, just before it was removed from the app, it looked like they had renamed it back to just 'Ghost Train' again. Does make me wonder if the park thought that legal negotiations were finished before they actually were, so they added it back to the app, but it turns out that they're actually not and so have removed it again. Maybe that or Derren's party have decided to pull out of renewing the IP.

Who knows. One thing is for sure - the 2023 season is for sure going to be an interesting one.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm interested for the upcoming behind the scenes stuff from JCK regarding DBGTROTD.

Captured forever is the future of theme parks below - minus the new final effect they added one year after it opened, and with an empty room after the pre-show. 

Who remembers the not one - but two - photo points in the original queue, one of which you could never even buy anyway - the "head in a jar" photo ops. Nice idea, just never came to fruition - a bit like the ride as a whole to be honest...

3 hours ago, MattyMoo said:

I'm interested for the upcoming behind the scenes stuff from JCK regarding DBGTROTD.

Captured forever is the future of theme parks below - minus the new final effect they added one year after it opened, and with an empty room after the pre-show. 

Who remembers the not one - but two - photo points in the original queue, one of which you could never even buy anyway - the "head in a jar" photo ops. Nice idea, just never came to fruition - a bit like the ride as a whole to be honest...

Nice to know they could dig the demon costume out for Silkstone but not for the general public