Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

Oh My God, it's finally open! 

It only took over 2 months to perfect this. They have now succeeded in the railway theme, with massive crowds rushing around boarding the delayed trains. Well done Thorpe.

Lets hope this doesn't happen with SW8 as they know Blackpool will win!

I've read 6/10's up to 9/10's with the average somewhere around 7. And one 14/10 which I presume was supposed to be for Tarron.

Quite a mixed bag, depending on your expectations I guess. Any rating or non 'secret spilling' review from the few who have ridden it? I know there's a couple here @cianjs @Martin.C?

6 minutes ago, Coaster Jamie said:

I was lucky enough to experience the attraction today, would I be allowed to add a review here seeing as we weren't told to sign anything?

6 minutes ago, Coaster Jamie said:

I was lucky enough to experience the attraction today, would I be allowed to add a review here seeing as we weren't told to sign anything?

I can't see a problem with you giving a score at least?

Am I allowed permission to create a blog post on the experience containing spoilers?

My review will be very long and I don't want to make a post that will be too long to read on a discussion topic.

I'll put spoilers in capitals in the title if that helps. Currently heading home, so the review will be up later tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would give this 10/10, I can see a lot of people (probably enthusiasts I hate to say) not liking this as much as the public. The combination of show, VR and transition was perfect, you will appreciate the technology involved and probably understand why it was late if it wasn't right. A real unique ride for the UK finally, well done Thorpe.

2 hours ago, pluk said:

You can say what you want, but giving away too may secrets is discouraged. Certainly nothing wrong with saying what you thought of it and why...

Bearing that in mind I'll write the review as a blog post so that people can choose whether to read it or not.

Pleeeease don't give it all away. It's got to be possible  to give a flavour of it and what you like and dislike without spoiling the secrets.

Think of it as if you were reviewing one of Derren shows. For those of you who have seen him live (and that should be all of you!) think how less enjoyable it'd be if you knew what was coming, so on the whole people don't give it away. 

Let's keep it in that spirit. 

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic