Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

Trouble is, you're at the weird point where half the forum have ridden it, half haven't so it's hard to make conversation about the ride at this point! Haha

I personally haven't used good VR at all, so I'm a bit confused how a headset can make you feel so odd. I'm very excited to find out!

56 minutes ago, ThemeParkCrafter said:

Wow! So many different opinions. Some love, some meh. Any spoilers/ info?

Sounds like reviews for pretty much any ride though, however we won't get true opinions until the newness and whole "I rode it first" thing wears off and we actually see the thing in full flow...

I've written a more in-depth review in a blog post but I'll cover it (very) briefly here; it was better than I was expecting, however it hasn't convinced me anymore on the use of VR on rides.  It was executed well for the most part, and several elements were good, but it didn't have the "wow" factor for me and I much prefer traditional ghost trains/dark rides with heavy use of effects and physical theming.

I also didn't find it remotely scary but others seemed to!

5 minutes ago, TPSou said:

In the queue now, just had the photos done. Very excited! Anything people want me to look for?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Did you just walk past and see it open by chance? With my luck I won't go over until they shut the queue!

The ride had a evac. It should be back in operation soon as those who were evacuated have been given priority passes to come back in around 15 minutes.

Thorpe Park have confirmed that the technical rehearsals are showing the entire experience, and so the initial speculation of only parts of the attraction being shown is false.

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic