Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

1 minute ago, Marc said:

Perfectly possible it's  getting a lower throughput as staff get used to it and find the best way to operate it :)

Thaf said the queue always seems to move quickly - no doubt helped by very few fastracks at the moment!

The lack of Fastrack definitely helps, and makes it much more bearable to queue for, but in the long term they should be aiming for much higher than 500 IMO.

Just now, ThemeParkCrafter said:

It was not clear enough what was happening. I did like the train effect though

It was fairly clear. The hosts tell you to take your headsets of and evacuate you from the train and into the safe room. They do also explain before you go into the safe room what is happening.

On 8 August 2016 at 10:48 AM, ThemeParkCrafter said:

It was not clear enough what was happening. I did like the train effect though

In the VR 1 - "there's gas down here and it's infecting people *infected smash through window*"

In the VR 2 - "Please evacuate at the next station"

In the train - "Headsets off! We need to evacuate quickly!"

Leading to the tunnel - "quickly cover your mouth do you don't inhale the gas, you need to get to the evacuation point quickly!"

In the live action sequence - "We need to exit down this tunnel along the right side in a single file line to avoid the gas inhalation!"

Nope, not clear at all.

37 minutes ago, Owen said:

In the VR 1 - "there's gas down here and it's infecting people *infected smash through window*"

In the VR 2 - "Please evacuate at the next station"

In the train - "Headsets off! We need to evacuate quickly!"

Leading to the tunnel - "quickly cover your mouth do you don't inhale the gas, you need to get to the evacuation point quickly!"

In the live action sequence - "We need to exit down this tunnel along the right side in a single file line to avoid the gas inhalation!"

...and then getting back on the trains, which we have already established are not safe?

16 minutes ago, Islander said:

...and then getting back on the trains, which we have already established are not safe?

You mean the one on a different platform and a different train after the initial escape route has been blocked with the VR segment supposedly taking you out of the tunnels? Essentially doing exactly what you intended to do in the first place? 

On 09/08/2016 at 12:51 PM, ThemeParkCrafter said:
Well I took off my headset

Hold on a sec; you're saying that the ride doesn't make any sense however you're the one who decided to take your headset off mid experience? Your point may've been considered valid if that wasn't the case. I fail to see the logic in moaning about a ride you haven't fully experienced... 

Well I was immersed. Felt like I was coming home on the Piccadilly line.

Seriously, the scare aspect was too much for me, bearing in mind I have never done a scare attraction. Since I have return tickets and priority passes to dbgt, I will reride to have the full experience.

Somebody claimed to have a backstage tour of dbgt. He seemed to say if you look at the carriage when reboarding after the evacuation scene, you can see how some of the ride works.

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic