Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

Look at the window to the right of the left light (directly above where the man is standing in the last frame), someone/something walks up to the window and looks about etc. I think the man (The Observer) is a red herring, his timecode is about a minute before the main video chronologically.

I genuinely cannot see anything in the right window in the last frames (when he is walking away)

What I have just spotted though is a shadow move towards the position he first appears IN that window. It last for literally 2 or 3 frames and took me a couple of minutes of backing and forwarding...

I didn't mean look when he walks away, I meant when he walks away, where the video ends the window directly above his head is where you should look (just restart the video and keep your eye on that same window, like you did and the shadow/person/object will appear a few seconds in to the video).

There's more than one window so I was trying to be clever and all that lol.

I didn't mean look when he walks away, I meant when he walks away, where the video ends the window directly above his head is where you should look (just restart the video and keep your eye on that same window, like you did and the shadow/person/object will appear a few seconds in to the video).

There's more than one window so I was trying to be clever and all that lol.

We are both definitely looking in he right place, but I just can't see it. The window directly above him when he walks away is too dark to see anything..

Well the parks are closed, there's no racing, weather is shyte so no flying and the only thing on the box is EastEnders or football, both of which cause me to have an insane urge to stab myself in the eye with a rusty screwdriver, so what else are we supposed to do? :lol:

That is the section I was talking about Aaron, to me it looks like someone walks up to the window and leans against the glass as if they are trying to hear something, sorry but the fringe observer ripoff guy in the middle of the room is just a lame gimmick, if you're going to release a video marketing thing for this kind of attraction, stuff should be hidden better, instead of just some random cuts showing a guy standing in the middle of the room.

Well the parks are closed, there's no racing, weather is shyte so no flying and the only thing on the box is EastEnders or football, both of which cause me to have an insane urge to stab myself in the eye with a rusty screwdriver, so what else are we supposed to do? :lol:

That is the section I was talking about Aaron, to me it looks like someone walks up to the window and leans against the glass as if they are trying to hear something, sorry but the fringe observer ripoff guy in the middle of the room is just a lame gimmick, if you're going to release a video marketing thing for this kind of attraction, stuff should be hidden better, instead of just some random cuts showing a guy standing in the middle of the room.

But you don't *actually* know what the attraction is or it's story, so how can you say that it's just a gimmick? It could be completely relevant. 

You cannot make a decision like that at this point. 

But you don't *actually* know what the attraction is or it's story, so how can you say that it's just a gimmick? It could be completely relevant. 

You cannot make a decision like that at this point.

Who said I was making a decision on the attraction itself? I said this particular marketing was a gimmick, in comparison to some of the stuff previously.

As Josh says, marketing is designed to get people talking, so it's worked regardless of it's quality.

This is the beauty of Derren Brown's work - that it provokes this response.

He's been very clear that it will challenge people's perception and that "things are not what they seem"

Well.. This is where the clever bit comes in... There are 2 sides to this. There is the side that makes people recognise that there is nothing sinister or more to the video than a guy, presumably him, flashing in and out of a CCTV video that was hidden on the website designed to make you think that it has a deeper meaning because we want to be rewarded for having found it on the website. 

Then there's the other side that see's there IS a deeper meaning to it and go out looking for it, then going out to prove that there is something to it, in the hope that they have uncovered something that the masses didn't see (which is where those of us that do videos or pictures pointing out theories come in). Our imaginations and logic processing brains will look for things that don't seem right and interpret them. Hence how between myself and Ian, we have seen different things in the window even though the video is the exact same video. It's all OUR perception of it

But the scary part is that this then becomes a bit of a Schrodinger moment where they are BOTH right because it's designed that way. What's even scarier is that the way Derren will have designed this is that we both will have missed the point and there will be a third thing that no-one has seen...

Don't under-estimate his work.

People on here at the moment seem quite dismissive of every-one else's theory for one reason or another when in reality Derren has us right where he wants us.. And it wouldn't surprise me if he's watching all of this unfold before his eyes

Derren is in no way in charge.

Sure he has been paid to come up with the concept, and to add his name to the ride, but Merlin do not have to go with his design.

I hope they make things exactly as he wants them, but I still have this niggling feeling that corners will be cut, it is Merlin's Money and down to them to execute the build, operation and maintainance of this ride.

If this ride is to succeed, it needs to be brilliant, remember, (If it is not simply a Lex Luthor style land scam) there will be a paramount resort opening up not very far away, and with a 2Billion budget, it is going to kill Merlin in the South East.

Merlin need Quality rides that get people talking, let's hope this is the start of that.

Why can't Derren be in charge? We don't know what details the agreement between him and Merlin are. He is a creator and I'm sure the ride/experience we get will have been created by him and his group who work on his shows. Merlin may just be giving the green light to what he's suggesting. We just don't know. Derren isn't the type of guy to just slap his name on something for marketing.

Also, Paramount. That 2 billion is for the whole resort. So infrastructure from scratch, the theme park, hotels, water park, entertainment complex. How much will actually end up being spent on rides? Plus, people say Merlin don't know how to make a great dark ride. Urm, will the people behind Paramount? We just don't know.

Every person I spoke to at Thorpe regarding this was very careful to say he was a 'creative consultant' (one even went out of ther way to correct me when I said 'designer') I'll leave it up to you how you interpret that.

Also 'Paramount' aka a Paramount licensee, is no further along than what it was when I joined this forum, and I think they've already pushed back the opening date already right? Yeah like Merlin are worried about them at the moment, they'll only start taking notice when construction begins, which probably won't be in my lifetime if the other 'Paramount Park' project are anything to go by.

You guys would have to be deluded to think that Derron has such power in this. Merlin would not give him £30 million pounds to play with. Derron brown is the creative consultant meaning he comes up with the idea, the back story, ideas for the ride but is in no way given a large amount of input. You have to remember Merlin is a public company and I doubt many share holders would allow them to give £30 million to an illusionist/ mentalist when the idea is to be profitable and to be cost efficient.

Merlin will have a large team of people coming up with the details of the ride and Derron would have come up with the initial idea while then driving this idea to the public as an influential figure

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic