Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

It will be disappointing if the tower doesn't get built. I remember the debate a few pages back about budget cuts being made to the attraction after a few years - it's really not good if they are happening before it has even opened.

Who's to say it is down to budget cuts? Maybe they've simply had a change of heart?

And if it is down to budget cuts, I'd much rather them cut a (run-down looking) tower which is just there for show, than something inside the building.

Who's to say it is down to budget cuts? Maybe they've simply had a change of heart?

And if it is down to budget cuts, I'd much rather them cut a (run-down looking) tower which is just there for show, than something inside the building.

Of course it can't be put down to budget cuts completely, but I would say that it is the most likely reason for the decision to axe it considering the financial position Merlin are in at the moment and going by past projects.

I agree that it's better to axe the tower than something in the building, but neither would be nice!

b78617429f52f0c3c162e35e2746d19e.jpgef6fd0b0b34955a6a307397d79af8483.jpgb6c139a4aa6da3f945f1712486ee66f4.jpgd97e04e2a5ba509a58d55c2ecb9cdcee.jpg59ec7464d6f751985bd7b08f7ae505e7.jpg

ac80199385630b54759d6d3ec626df27.jpg

Just a few of the pictures I took today!

The building looks amazing in person, however the open plaza around it seems very plain with nothing around it. Preview Day seemed really busy for some reason, probably cos of the break downs and the ride closures. Noticed a few people from the forums today! Hope everyone there had a good time [emoji567][emoji322]

Possible tower location?? Or just more bloody plants?

The tower was meant to be a large feature, placed roughly opposite the exit to the arcade.  So we can only assume the tower won't be happening.  That location is likely for plants.

On a different note, to the people complaining about the lack of anything in the ride's plaza:  Does this *actually* have a plaza?  Surely everything outside the queue line is just a major walkway for the park, and not a plaza in the sense of Stealth, Swarm and Saw?

The tower was meant to be a large feature, placed roughly opposite the exit to the arcade. So we can only assume the tower won't be happening. That location is likely for plants.

It'll be another plant box as the queue on the left is still being extended back as well. The tower isn't happening.

I thought as much [emoji20]

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic