Marc

Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Yes I agree too - the fake shop part is the best bit. When it's operational.

The main issue though for me is that putting on the headset and trying to get it to work is never simple and seems clunky for everyone involved. I often have to hold the headset up to stop it slipping - I'm sure you can probably adjust the straps etc but it all just seems a faff and you're in a rush anyway. If the headsets weren't so heavy it'd be far more enjoyable and seamless. Far from creating the "magic", the headsets seem to take it away in some respects - the great pre-show, the awesome IMAScore iMMErSivE audio in the queue, the fantastic hanging train, the spot on recreation of a tube carriage - and then you get in and have to put this thing on that weighs a tonne. Maybe in a few years time when the headsets aren't so heavy and tempermental, it could work well, you never know.

Maybe it would have been better if you got on the train knowing it is a LU train and don’t see the Victorian carriage and it is only when you get back they say “you think you have been moving on a LU train but as you can see when you get out, not only is it a different train but it has been suspended in this warehouse the whole time”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oh man, it appears “future for theme parks” is reaching new levels of low today in the middle of summer.

Besides from having an awful run through the attraction this afternoon, with numerous effects, audio, lighting and hardware not working, the cream of the crop goes to this:

At the end of the experience in the fake gift shop, not only was the floor projection turned off where the demon stands, but this happened......

.....Instead of the demon jumping out from behind the door, we get... Mr. Bronchitis.

All that happened was an actor in a plain white shirt and some trousers stood in the centre, pretending to cough multiple times in all 3 directions at the audience. The poor fella must’ve had a really bad cold today bless him.

But essentially, the demon costume is no more (as of today), so they get an actor coughing his lungs up to replace it...

You couldn’t make this stuff up. :lol: 

10 minutes ago, Marhelorpe said:

Oh man, it appears “future for theme parks” is reaching new levels of low today in the middle of summer.

Besides from having an awful run through the attraction this afternoon, with numerous effects, audio, lighting and hardware not working, the cream of the crop goes to this:

Reveal hidden contents

At the end of the experience in the fake gift shop, not only was the floor projection turned off when’re the demon stands, but this happened......

.....Instead of the demon jumping out from behind the door, we get... Mr. Bronchitis.

All that happened was an actor in a plain white shirt and some trousers stood in the centre, pretending to cough multiple times in all 3 directions at the audience. The poor fella must’ve had a really bad cold today bless him.

But essentially, the demon costume is no more (as of today), so they get an actor coughing his lungs up to replace it...

You couldn’t make this stuff up. :lol: 

If that ride was a horse, it would have been put down by now!!

The park have even realised its a complete and utter waste of everybody's time and energy, so they are slowly destroying the one good part it has, ready for it to abolish that section next year completely. Demolition crew been organised yet? I am so glad I do not waste my time on this attraction anymore.

1 hour ago, Coaster said:

Maybe for next year they'll refurbish it to Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise Of The Sneeze?!

“And I believe this represents the future for spreading a cold across the world!!”

56 minutes ago, Martin Doyle said:

“And I believe this represents the future for spreading a cold across the world!!”

Nah I’d rather catch a cold in my on establishments or better, not get one at all.

If this is the future of theme parks, Thirteen is the world’s scariest coaster!

2 hours ago, JoshC. said:

If Annual Passholders keep going back and riding it, does it really matter what they do to the experience any more? 🤷‍♂️

Well said 🙌 I have nothing else to say! 

I saw the issue of no demon in the ending shop come up somewhere a while back but I have been in there since and it was back with everything working fully, along with the projection... hopefully this is again just a temporary issue and not permanent.