The 2016 Thread

JoshC.

16 hours ago, RobF said:

Colossus, we were estoped on lift because the restraints wernt checked and whitnessed a family kicking off because there row wasnt checked. 

I agree that there are some lovely staff and atmosphere at thorpe but last night I only saw an awsome guy on stealth onload/offload

Ah that explains their paranoia later in the evening then.

Regarding weather, don't take much notice of forecasts until Wednesday/Thursday, they couldn't predict a drunk in a pub most of the time, for instance all last week they were showing heavy rain over Thorpe for Friday, and Saturday to Monday solid rain here, it's presently clear blue sky 19C outside and hasn't rained since 1.30pm yesterday.  I have raintoday.co.uk bookmarked on my phone and just check it before heading out, they show you the previous two hours rainfall and it's extremely easy to predict yourself where the rain is going to go, far more accurate than the professionals (we were at Warwick Castle a couple of weeks ago and it started to rain, people were packing up and leaving but the radar showed it was just a 15 minute shower, rest of the day was clear, and it was).

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Marc said:

Great day at the park last day of season - all rides running well, very quiet too!

Also we had a nice treat at the end of the day with the old end of day loop playing followed by a mix of the ride themes across the park!

Will upload some videos later 

Good to see yourselves and other club members about the park today. Quite a few youngsters on the park when I thought they would be at school.

Last day of the season, unless one is at a corporate event over the next few days. Luckily got the last ride of the season on ............ Stealth.

3 hours ago, planenut said:

Good to see yourselves and other club members about the park today. Quite a few youngsters on the park when I thought they would be at school.

Last day of the season, unless one is at a corporate event over the next few days. Luckily got the last ride of the season on ............ Stealth.

As always, nice to see you - and at Steath! What are the chances!

I think we got last ride of the season on DBGT - technically rode it 3 times today as it broke down on second VR section so we got another go

5 hours ago, Marc said:

Great day at the park last day of season - all rides running well, very quiet too!

Also we had a nice treat at the end of the day with the old end of day loop playing followed by a mix of the ride themes across the park!

Will upload some videos later 

Hopefully the end of day loop playing is the start of it playing at the end of every day next season. Miss hearing that blasting out over the entire park at the end of the day, really set up for a calm atmosphere leaving the park,

12 minutes ago, Coaster Jamie said:

Thorpe's responses to comments/complaints on social media seem to have gone quiet which is strange, as they're usually very good at this.

I have noticed that they are responding very late to messages and they the responses are very minimal. Is this a normal occurrence during closed season?

14 minutes ago, Coaster Jamie said:

Thorpe's responses to comments/complaints on social media seem to have gone quiet which is strange, as they're usually very good at this.

I'm not 100% sure how it works, but I'm guessing they have a much smaller team of people working on social media over closed season. 

6 minutes ago, MilesK said:

I have noticed that they are responding very late to messages and they the responses are very minimal. Is this a normal occurrence during closed season?

I'm not sure, but I've noticed a lack of responses over the past few weeks, basically from when the bad Fright Night reviews started flooding the page during half term.

As said Thorpe are usually very good with social media, so it's a bit odd!

3 hours ago, Coaster Jamie said:

I do think that will be due to the reduction in staff for this time of year, and those that remain having still to deal with quite an influx of inquiries. I have found that over the last month, replies seems to take up to three weeks.

• Marc unpinned this topic