The 2016 Thread

JoshC.

29 minutes ago, Mattgwise said:

Shocks me year after year that at the start of the season the condition of the fences, ride signage, weeds etc are the same as before. if family run theme parks like Paultons and BPB can keep these things looking fresh I don't understand how Merlin doesn't.

Because they care.

I don't think that Merlin don't care - Merlin are just a much bigger company who have more to worry about, it's much different to the family run parks, I expect each Merlin park is allocated a budget for things like that and it's spent as seen fit.

I do also think more gets done that people realise, park signage for example over the past few years every ride has had new restriction boards, Stealths had a new sign and had one of its trains completely refurbished with all the black vinyls being replaced, also During stealths closure the steps were all repainted, the photo / ride baggage had its green edging repainted - quite often its easy to not notice these things.

It would be nice for all the queues across the park to get a lick of paint over the closed season then very much continue in the

same direction as they have been, we've seen Tidals and Infernos effects fixed over the past few years both of which have been dead since the Tussauds days (although infernos are still inconsistent). Would be great to see the Colossus pit tidied up and working again actually! 

5 minutes ago, ThemeParkLover said:

I think Merlin definitely care...look at towers, the TLC thing worked really well. I think Thorpe should do the same

Did it?  The Nemesis repaint was great, but aside from that it was mostly just general maintenance (things that should just be done) passed off as "Towers Loving Care."

• 2 weeks later...
  • Marc unpinned this topic