The 2016 Thread

JoshC.

Saw, Slammer, that funny thing next to Saw and all the water rides were closed for annual pass day last year.

We're not going this year, have other plans for that weekend, but since the tickets went so quick it'll be interesting to see just how many people are there and whether any rides are shut.

From Merin's site on FAQs.

What is the ride availability? 

All of the roller coasters and selected smaller rides will be open subject to availability.

What restaurants and retail will be available? 

Our larger retail stores will be open; Pizza Pasta, Desperado’s Mexican Cantina, Fin’s Bar & Grill and a selection of smaller restaurants will be open including our brand partners KFC and Burger King.

Colossus might not from rumours I've heard though. 

Any parIcular reason for Colossus?

I seem to remember the original rumour was that Loggers & Colossus would close this year and be cleared for redevolpment (sure I read it here), we all dissed it at the time but it's turned out to be true for Loggers, one wonders...

I always hate seeing people saying about how they won't visit theme parks they regularly visit when it's busy.  Almost comes across as people saying that they don't want to see parks being successful?  Equally about not renewing passes.

Late reply. Isn't this because the difference Thorpe busy and say, Alton busy are very different scales. Thorpe just copes very badly with busy days particularly with quite a lot of breakdowns and ride closures and with its relatively small size even the quieter rides like Quantum have long queues. Alton just doesn't have this problem.

Late reply. Isn't this because the difference Thorpe busy and say, Alton busy are very different scales. Thorpe just copes very badly with busy days particularly with quite a lot of breakdowns and ride closures and with its relatively small size even the quieter rides like Quantum have long queues. Alton just doesn't have this problem.

Very true.  My issue is more a general one, when people moan about parks being busy.  Being busy, crudely speaking, is good for any park, since that means they're getting the people through the gates.  So when people moan about parks being busy, it can come across as though they essentially are moaning about the parking doing well.  Moaning about how a park copes when it's busy, and not wanting to visit during such times, is much more justified though.

I didn't really phrase my post well, and has misinterpreted others' points too. :)

In response to someone asking about AP day.

What are these rumours about Colossus out of interest?

I can't remember but I'm sure I read it here, generally the rumour came out that Loggers was to close at the end of 2015, and that part way through or at the end of 2016 Colossus was to close too allowing Canada Creek and the Colossus site to be devoloped in the future, I seem to remember one of the main arguments was 'what about Saw' (in a kind of why those two areas while leaving Saw there). The only thing that gives the rumour any substance is that despite the majority thoughts that Loggers would never close (due to it's signficicance with it's stature and that dam plaque - you'd be amazed the number of foreigners I know who ask about it and make a special trip whenever they come here to see it, especially American's who are Royal mad), Loggers has closed and Thorpe are being very selective in their wording about it's return.

I could have dreamed it, but I'm sure I didn't.

The closed rides ap day never going to run smoothly nor dose the 1st few month

And going to be worse as we have this cold weather and Easter weekend in 3 weeks so I reckon there be no rush slammer Colossus

Loggers is closed for season no tidal wave I also think rumba Rapids be closed so it will be a very fun ap day

The original rumour floating around last season was that Loggers, X and Slammer would be SBNO for 2016, and Colossus would close permanently at the end of the 2016 season.

Whilst I believe there was some substance to the 2016 SBNO list (things change), I believe the Colossus rumour is completely false. Then again, part of me does wonder just how long it has left.

Seeing that the ride has been covered in a fairly excessive amount of scaffolding, I am very doubtful Colossus will be leaving this season. Whilst it may not open for AP day and will probably retain it's rusty appearance, the ride closing is a different matter.

Further evidence such as a park post a while ago stating "all other rides will be open" or words to that extent suggests Logger's should be the only foreseen closure of 2016.

Share ideas for what you'd like to see Thorpe do for next season...

-Introduce themed areas again. If the pop badges are anything to go by, Thorpe seem to already have some sort of plans for themed areas. Introduce them again, even if it's just on the map or something, to pave the way for stronger identities to these areas in later years.

Cheers Thorpe! ^_^

• Marc unpinned this topic