Pop Badges

Jack F

Pop badges are cheap, look tacky and are designed for kids who shouldn't be having pin badges due to the pin. Yet somehow they seem to have been hugely popular with enthusiasts and well everyone although they look awful and clutter lanyards. Anyone could make a pop badge, just buy the plastic shell, print out and sticker and boom done.

It's nice for the kids but they're just tat in my eyes. Pin badges please and thank you.

I've got the following Thorpe Park ones...

Amity Beach

My First Coaster

It's My Birthday

Angry Birds

The Swarm

I'm a Celeb

Stealth

and a Vampire one from Chessington.

Planning on completing the Thorpe collection, but not really fussed by any others..

I have:

Halloween hocus pocus

2014 vampire

bubble works

dragon falls

2008 doc lightning legoland

scorpion express

stealth

hocus pocus bat

I would like some of the glow in the dark lego ones, the angry birds one and the Thorpe Park my first coater one. hopefully I'll be able to pick them up on my next visits.

For the most part I agree with scb in that they can be tacky and not visually pleasing, personally I much prefer pins on my lanyard, however these small collection of pop badges are exceptions to others!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Some love em, some hate em.

Personally, I like a couple of them but most of them are a bit eh.

News!:

http://www.legoland.co.uk/Explore/restaurants/Offers/Pop-Badges/

Looks like merlin parks are no longer letting you swap badges in parks that the badges aren't from I.e. if I went to a Legoland park with a Chessington pop badge they're not supposed to swap.

hm.

Topics merged. :)

I can sort of see why Legoland would want to keep their pop badges local.  Lego have been doing the pop badges for years, so there's plenty of ones to go around.  Also, some of the kids who would be trading them would surely have no interest in the likes of Thorpe and some Chessington ones I'd assume?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...