TPMs Resident DJ 2015/16

pluk

Whoops it, looks like I've slipped behind a little here. Anyway a,

Cheesy Tuesday

I don't know why, but I had a large'ish phase of listening to cheesy party numbers last summer, whether that be S-Club Seven, Steps or B*witched. However what these have in common aside from the fact they've produced some upbeat cheesy number is they're some of the many anthems of my childhood. Whether it be those many disco, entertainer or disco parties, they bring back so many memories of the late nineties/early noughties.

One of these is B*Witche's Roller Coaster (one suitingly appropriate for a theme park forum perhaps) as its cheesy but catchy bridge and chorus make it reminisce things all to well including some of the many fantastic park trips I've had this year.

Whatever Wednesday-anything goes

For some reason, I've found it a little tricky to find a track for this one, but I'm going with Dude Looks Like A Lady by Aerosmith.

It's a song that feels special to me because of the fact it reminds me of one of my favourite childhood films Mrs Doubtfire alongside my trips to Disneyland Paris. It was on these trips riding Rock N Rollercoaster which the song would play and hearing this song made me feel so happy (ah those trips were great).

It's just a good song overall and I just live it all so much with the whole vibe throughout.

Thumping Thursday- Dance Dance dance

Time to bring out the moves on this one with some dance classics. The Nineties gave us some classic dance hits, Sandstorm, Right On Time and Fire Starter to mention a few.

Another of these classic tracks I really have a liking to is Haddway's What Is Love. There's something I like about this number, whether it be the upbeat driven chorus or the build up of music texture as a whole here. A cover of this song was also done by several floppy disc drives (yes really).

Film Friday- favourite film soundtrack,

One I've had numerous choices in mind for. I've been a big fan of the soundtracks for The Theory Of Everything, Hunger Games Mockingjay and even The Imiation game.

However my choice for this one will be not quite as recent but perhaps just as relevant especially this month ;). My pick is Across The Stars (love theme) From Star Wars Episode II Attack Of The Clones (2002). This is a beautiful piece of music and perhaps the flagship film theme in the movie (after the main theme), which depicts the love between Anakin & Padme in the film. Whilst I shall not ruin the plot, I shall say the title does reflect the term of star crossed lovers very well.

The music is lush, beginning with an oboe solo before other instruments such as harps and string taking turns which keeps it interesting despite reusing the same motif. Safe to say Willisms was influenced by the likes of Tchaikovsky's Romeo & Juliet here and to a lesser extent Stravinsky and Wagner.

My choosing of this track is not so much for the fact I'm a big fan of Star Wars, the new film being out (though ironic I still haven't seen it) but the fact I recently played this piece as part of a Star Wars at University with a film orchestra (which was fun to be involved in). Whilst I didn't get thecsolo in the piece, it was still a lovely piece to not just hear live but be involved in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM_ZWnD40aA

Super Saturday-hottest record in the world right now

I never really seem to settle or select for one specific song when it comes to things I really enjoy listening to. Whilst I'm yet to listen to any of Bieber's latest stuff (which I hear is overwhelmingly good), I'm going to settle with Adele's latest big hit, Hello.

Having been in the shadows for a while, Adele has released an amazing new album and this song doesn't fail to impress. This song feels so bold and impressive and it almost feels I'm at the top of a mountain when I hear the chorus appear. Adele triumphant star better than many crappy X-factor people like 1D, Little Mix etc. As her music is more original and she writes much of it herself too.

HoHoHo!

Thanks for that selection Matt, for being such a good boy I will make sure I empty my big bulging sack down your soot pipe later this week. That's got to be something for you to look forward to!

Sorry for being late, it's a busy time of year for me don't you know!

MELLOW MONDAY - Some thing you like to relax to. 

There's nothing I like more after a night on the tiles once my years work is done then heading home to put my feet up, and what a lovely relaxing little number this is to do it too.

HoHoHo!

So I've been spending the last couple of days wrapping presents, as you can imagine. I always find the best song to wrap to is the greatest Christmas song of all time, the upbeat and feel good Sleigh Ride. Which incidentally, I'm about to embark on...

Now it's a closely guarded secret what everyone will get, but just this once I'll going to show you what I'm loading in my sleigh for a particularly naughty boy, a Mr N. Varney of Staines, who needs to set himself some higher goals in the coming year' His gifts should surely help him him achieve this:

Firstly...

pressure_rumba_zpsuvgp9l60.jpg

A Rumba Rapids pressure washer, hopefully this is what he plays with on boxing day, he'll have hours of satisfying fun getting rid of all that crud that's been building up for years!

Also...

calculatrack_zpsgsjdvqco.png

A brand spanking new Fastrack calculator. The one poor old Nick has been getting by on only has one button working, which just happens to be the '£' button. This one might just help him do some sums to stop his home descending into chaos when more than a couple of people pop over.

Finally...

wrecking-storm_zpskydfcbor.jpg

This one's going to weigh my sleigh down alright, but it'll be worth it if young Nick puts it to use like I'm hoping. For the good of all mankind, please Nick, swing your StormSurge wrecking ball and swing it good.

After tonight's delivery efforts, during which I'll get through gallons of super strength noggin the good people of the world will put out for me, I'll be comatose for days. Weeks maybe. So that's it for my DJing exploits. It's been a pleasure. Until next year...

HoHoHo!

I'm here and I'm gonna be a REAL DJ!!!!

Mellow Monday (it is Monday right?)

Pendulum are my favourite band ever and despite their normal drum and bass/rock sound, their first album holds this weird euphoric beauty which I used to fall asleep to every night for a good year of my life. It's not soothing to many people but for me it's like a warm hug from a unicorn made of rainbows and happiness that has one big cyclops eye.

got a 2 in one day today, tonsillitis won't stop me #tunes (like the throat sweet)

Cheesy tuesday

Working in HMV I hear a lot of songs that I shamefully like (that I know I shouldn't) on a day to day basis. This one gets me going though...

I hate 5sos with a passion, they're like a bad Blink-182 rip off that tried to be like 1D but failed??? But this song's got a catchy vibe. I hate myself for it.

Whatever Wednesday

Melanie Martinez has been around for a little while now, did the music for the AHS Freakshow promo. Her album is essentially a 'storybook', start from the beginning and work your way through! Not something I'd generally go for but she has this dark innocence around her and it's alluring

soz CoasterDude been ill so I'm gonna steal your shine for a sec then it's back over to you

FILM FRIDAY 

It Follows soundtrack by FAR. So creepy and beautifully composed, got an essence of John Carpenter. Very haunting, helped create the feel of the movie 

SUPER SATURDAY
Modestep are by far one of my favourite bands, and London Road was an incredible album. Saw them at HMV in oxford street a few months ago and someone who I work with who used to work there said they were the loudest band they had play there in years. Every song off their album is great but Machines is one that got some attention

SECRET SUNDAY
Marmozets are known in a certain genre of music but typically not many people know of them, had the pleasure of watching them at Reading (and got on the big screen) and fell in love. Really hoping they'll get recognised more in the industry!!

got there in the end