TPMs Resident DJ 2015/16

pluk

WHATEVER WEDNESDAY - anything goes. Something special to you, for whatever reason you fancy.

This was a hard pick for today as there were so many songs that could go here and I was trying not to repeat myself from last year. So, the song I've picked for this years 'Whatever Wednesday' is...

There isn't really a sentimental message for this choice personally, but it is a song that I love partly because it truly contradicts its own existence. The music/melody is incredibly catchy and instigates this 'positive' outlook. But, as you listen to the lyrics the message completely juxtaposes this and denotes about the feeling of being alone on a dancefloor: watching and being cynical of everyone that is surrounding you; still feeling secluded and lonely; still dancing as if nothings wrong because that's all you know how to do.

I really recommend giving the album a listen if you like the song! Overall, a great pop song.

SUPER SATURDAY - your hottest record in the world right now. Ending on a high, hopefully! 

Incredibly tacky and try hard lyrics sounding like they've been ripped from several Tumblrs, and yet... I can't help but listen to this over and over again. Not sure why I like this so much, but for the time being, it's my hottest record in the world right now! 

ItsHurtingMeInside seemed to completely miss Secret Sunday, but no bother!

Hi, it's Tommy here and I will be your DJ this week

MELLOW MONDAY

Mathew Jonson - The World Will Come Around

I have chosen this track as it is a find from the summer that always relaxes me. A little repetitive, but very chilled out

FILM FRIDAY

Just in time!

For me anything by Thomas Newman is a great choice. This particular track was played around Transylvania in Chessington Halloween Hocus Pocus in 2012 (?), so there's a theme park tie in too!

Thomas Newman - Drive Away (End Title) from the Series of Unfortunate Events Soundtrack

http://youtu.be/WvDzyRMlm6Y

See also Finding Nemo soundtrack, and I'm liking 'Foreign Contaminent' from the WALL.E soundtrack too :)