Theme Park Competitions

Zach

Prize: 4 person merlin annual pass (west midlands only)

Link: https://www.familiesonline.co.uk/locations/birmingham/places-to-go/leisure-attractions/win-12-magical-merlin-months-of-family-fun

Answer: 20 years

Terms: 

1. Only one entrant from same e-mail address or household will be accepted.

2. Under 16s must obtain parental consent before entering.

3. Entries must be received by the closing date and proof of sending cannot be taken as proof of receipt.

4. All decisions of Families Magazine are final and no correspondence will be entered into.

5. No prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.

6. Winners’ details will be supplied to the Promoter of the competition.

7. Families Magazine is not liable for any delay or failure by the Promoter to deliver any prize or for the quality of the prize or for any loss or damage arising in connection with the competition.

8. By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to these terms and conditions.

9. Winning entries will be randomly drawn from all correct entries and contacted via the email address provided by the entrant. If the promoter does not obtain a response from the winner within 21 days, we reserve the right to select another winner at random.

10. This competition is restricted to residents of the West Midlands only.

Prize: Weekend at Alton Towers for a family

Link: http://www.netmums.com/home/netmums-competitions-offers/win-a-short-break-at-the-alton-towers-resort-this-winter

Terms: Terms and conditions: This prize is valid for a family of four or four adults to attend a theme weekend until March 2016 at the Alton Towers Resort. Prize includes one night standard accommodation on a bed and breakfast basis and also includes evening meals, plus entrance to the Alton Towers Waterpark. There is no cash alternative and prize is subject to availability. Entrance to the Alton Towers Theme Park, Spa and Extraordinary Golf is not included in the prize and all other chargeable items such as movies and phone calls must be paid for. Full terms at www.altontowers.com

Great topic, I've entered the last one and will keep my eyes open for other comps to share. 

I think the Paultons Lost Kingdom competition has finished now, I won tickets in that one and am awaiting their arrival. I'm not too sure if it is tickets to use whenever I want, or for some sort of preview event.

I did once win tickets to Alton Towers Scarefest on a facebook comp a few years back, which was nice, but unfortunately Scarefest was canceled on that day when they reduced the hours late on. Took the shine off of it!

Great topic, I've entered the last one and will keep my eyes open for other comps to share. 

I think the Paultons Lost Kingdom competition has finished now, I won tickets in that one and am awaiting their arrival. I'm not too sure if it is tickets to use whenever I want, or for some sort of preview event.

I did once win tickets to Alton Towers Scarefest on a facebook comp a few years back, which was nice, but unfortunately Scarefest was canceled on that day when they reduced the hours late on. Took the shine off of it!

Ah I won Paultons tickets as well in that same comp, I think there are a few other people on this forum as well. Shame about the Scarefest being cancelled  :o .

Prize: Tickets to Paultons Park (You must place in the top 3 of game, leaderboard reset daily) Ends 11.59am on 15/03/2016

Link: https://paultonspark.co.uk/lost-kingdom/dinosaur-game-for-kids

Terms:

Terms and Conditions

Listed below are the terms & conditions for the Lost Kingdom Game competition.

This competition ("Promotion") is open to all UK residents aged 18 or over.

IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 AND WANT TO TAKE PART, PLEASE ASK A PARENT OR GUARDIAN (WHO IS 18 OR OVER) TO ENTER ON YOUR BEHALF.

Employees (or family members of employees) of any group company of the Promoter, companies associated with the Promotion and all affiliates of such companies may not enter this Promotion.

Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and agreed to be bound by them when entering this Promotion.

To take part in this Promotion you can enter by playing the Lost Kingdom Game via your web browser at www.paultonspark.co.uk/lost-kingdom or downloading the game from the Apple App or Google Play Stores. You will need to register your details to play.

Closing date: The promotion ends at 11.59am on 15/03/2016.

The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failures or delays of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry or the updating of the daily scoreboard. Entries must not be sent in through agents or third parties. Incomplete entries will be disqualified and will not be counted.

Upon submission of entry, contestants will be ranked on a top 10 leader board that is determined by the highest points scored after playing the game. Players in the top 3 positions at the cut off time of 12:00 midnight each day will each win a family pass to Lost Kingdom at Paultons Park in 2016. All winning plays are subject to verification and in the event that a prize cannot be allocated, the next highest ranked player in the top 10 will be selected to win.

Maximum of one winner is permitted per person and per household.

Any attempt by any participant to win by using multiple/different email addresses, identities or other methods will void that participants' entries after the first entry.

The winners will be notified by email.

Prize: The winners of the competition will receive four (4) tickets, two (2) adult tickets and two (2) child tickets to Lost Kingdom at Paultons Park in 2016.

Winners will be notified in writing of the exact date prior to the event.

Photography and filming - the winners will be required to take part in photography and filming on the date of visit for use in press, internet and social media activities.

The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prizes if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control. There is no cash alternative to the prize(s) (or any part of them) and unless agreed otherwise in writing. The prizes are non-refundable and non-transferable.

Third party terms and conditions apply to parts of the prize where applicable please note that some attractions may have height restrictions.

The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.

The Promoter will not be liable for prizes (or any part of any prize) which do not reach the winners for reasons beyond the Promoter's reasonable control.

If any winners are not able, for whatever reason, to accept a prize, or cannot be contacted, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.

The Promoter's decision is final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into and user screenshots of scoreboards cannot be used to attempt to claim or verify winning entries. Entries that do not comply in full with these entry rules and conditions will be disqualified.

Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence, or in respect of fraud, and so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from:

any postponement or cancellation of the Promotion, and

any changes to, supply of, or use of the prize, and

any act or default of any third party supplier,

which are beyond the Promoter's reasonable control.

Details of prize winners' names and county will be available for one month after the close of the Promotion by writing to the Promoter at the address set out below and stating the name and date of the Promotion.

Winner(s) agree to allow the Promoter to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration.

The Promoter will use each winner's, and each entrant's, personal details for the purpose of administering this Promotion. Please see our Privacy Policy below for further details.

If you have indicated that you wish to receive marketing materials, the Promoter and its business partners may also use the details you give us to contact you about products and services which we think may be of interest to you.

This Promotion, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion.

The Promoter is: Paultons Park Ltd, Ower, Nr Romsey,The New Forest, Hampshire, SO51 6AL.

I tried playing that game hundreds of times and could only ever manage a top score of about 400,000 and so never able to get to top three. So annoying!

If you get the day right you can win with 400,000, many of the top scorers have actually already won so the prize will be given to people further down the leaderboard.

What I gathered from the email that it is some sort of preview/promo event in which there's due to be pictures or something. The email was quite vague and apparently we won't learn more until nearer the time, very ambiguous!

What I gathered from the email that it is some sort of preview/promo event in which there's due to be pictures or something. The email was quite vague and apparently we won't learn more until nearer the time, very ambiguous!

That's what I thought, but the more recent terms make it sound more like a family ticket to use whenever. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Have you won tickets too then?

Prize: Family Short break to alton towers

Link: http://comps.reveal.co.uk/competition/Alton_Towers_Escape_reveal.php

Answer: Pirate and Princess

Terms:

Terms and conditions
This prize is valid for a family of four or four adults to attend a theme weekend between January and March 2016 at the Alton Towers Resort. Prize includes a one night standard accommodation on a bed and breakfast basis and also includes evening meals, plus entrance to the Alton Towers Waterpark. There is no cash alternative and prize is subject to availability. Entrance to the Alton Towers Theme Park, Spa and Extraordinary Golf is not included in the prize and all other chargeable items such as movies and phone calls must be paid for. 

Please see the Hearst Standard Terms and Conditions and our Rules of Play

Worth being a bit careful with some of these, that last one...

By providing your details you also consent to receive information and updates from DMRI (operator of comps.reveal.co.uk). The communications may be by email, phone, SMS, post or via social media. 

... no opt out for forever receiving crap from these people trying to fleece you.

Prize: Short break at Alton Towers for 4

Links: LIFE DEATH PRIZES

NOW MAGAZINE
WHATS ON TV
WOMAN MAGAZINE
WOMAN’S OWN MAGAZINE
WOMAN’S WEEKLY MAGAZINE

Answer: Pirate and Princess

Terms and conditions

This prize is valid for a family of four or four adults to attend a theme weekend between January and March 2016 at the Alton Towers Resort. Prize includes two nights standard accommodation on a bed and breakfast basis and also includes evening meals, plus entrance to the Alton Towers Waterpark. There is no cash alternative and prize is subject to availability. Entrance to the Alton Towers Theme Park, Spa and Extraordinary Golf is not included in the prize and all other chargeable items such as movies and phone calls must be paid for.

Worth being a bit careful with some of these, that last one...

... no opt out for forever receiving crap from these people trying to fleece you.

Also, I may have read it wrong, but the prize is only valid until March, meaning the actual theme park isn't open, just the hotels, water park and high ropes.