Galactica

lewumbrajumbos

1 hour ago, Mark9 said:

I thought this was a wasted opportunity. Ironically enough, in spite of all the stories of massive queues that I had heard of previously, it seemed to run a flawless three train operation and so the queue remained at 10 minutes all day. I only had one go on 'Galatica' and I didn't think much of it all. Too brief and too rushed it doesn't have a long enough ride to create a story so it just rushes you through locations and then ends. I'd say I was disappointed but I wasn't. IF they had to have had VR it should have been on rides like Runaway Mine Train as then they could have created a story and have the ride length to justify it. On Air, it just makes a short ride feel even shorter which is quite a feat.

Runaway Mine Train is perfect as it is thank you.

3 minutes ago, ChessingtonSam said:

When done right though VR really enhances the ride! Alpenexpress is fine as it is but the VR is a whole new ball game! VR is a thing kids would like as it's cool, RMT would have been a great choice. 

Glad to hear it is running 3 trains two stations well though! :)

Just now, Mitchada04 said:

When done right though VR really enhances the ride! Alpenexpress is fine as it is but the VR is a whole new ball game! VR is a thing kids would like as it's cool, RMT would have been a great choice. 

Glad to hear it is running 3 trains two stations well though! :)

But wouldn't that get rid of all the force because there's a massive block on your face?

8 hours ago, ChessingtonSam said:

Is it? As each season goes its getting slower and slower. It's now struggling to do the tiniest of hills. That bend into the tunnel used to be full of force and now it's just really forceless.

40 minutes ago, Mark9 said:

Is it? As each season goes its getting slower and slower. It's now struggling to do the tiniest of hills. That bend into the tunnel used to be full of force and now it's just really forceless.

I haven't been this year so I don't know.

• 1 month later...

Yesterday morning when I was queueing for this they were only putting 2 people on each row.. Is that a regular thing?

Also, we got on the ride, put the goggles on, then were told to go back into the loading bay as they were closing the ride due to the rain, they let us wait for a while then told us all to leave the ride and queue

this would be understandable if half an hour later I didn't see it running with guests on board when the rain was actually heavier and more wind had picked up! Was a bit of a kick in the teeth after queuing so long

• 3 weeks later...

They'll have to find a way of keeping on top of it a seat at a time, rather than letting it get that bad and having to remove it completely occasionally.

I wonder if it is problems with the headsets themselves, which should be easy to resolve just carrying spares to swap over each day, or if it is an issue with a part which forms part of the train which I imagine would be more of a problem.