lewumbrajumbos

Galactica

I really do hope they scrap the VR - not only does it slow down dispatches but the VR itself is pretty bad quality - the only upside being that if you are wearing the VR you don’t see the manky tunnel.

Ive only ever done the VR twice because not only do I have a weird ass phobia of outter space but I feel like it takes away the whole ride experience - I really enjoyed Air but I do love the Galactica soundtrack.

If they ditch the VR will they stick with the name Galactica and if so the only real theming is from the VR (ok and the portal).  

If the VR goes I expect everything else will remain the same as it is now - hopefully they can get back some sort of dispatch light / audio sequence too!

They really should get rid of those tragic queue line vinyls while they're at it... And that boring projector pre show. Honestly, the themeless 'Air' aesthetic was much better than the silly 'words as theming' approach they took with the re-theme, its so pretentious for such a mediocre pay off. With that in mind, I'd rather it go back to being Air; no false promises, no over-hype in the queue line, just a solid ride experience. I think it'd be better off for it. 

Yesterday they only had VR on the rear 3/4 rows - we were in row 4 and the VR packs on the restraint had completely gone.  Dispatches were still quite slow as the ride batcher was asking everyone if they wanted to ride with VR then assigning them rows accordingly.  I like that they’ve bought back the on ride photo point and it’s kind of funny to see pics of people with the VR head sets on.

Had an embarrassing moment when my restraint would not open at all and the op was giving me tips over loud speaker on how to get out 😱 - everyone else had got off and I was just sat there feeling stupid- when I got on and pulled the restraint down, the ride host tightened it with this weird key thing and they had to use the key to get me out at the end - awkward when people who are waiting to get on are staring 👀

Ah I love the irony in that they claimed it is the world’s first “dedicated” rollercoaster with VR. About as much dedication as a celebrity marriage. Though they could possibly claim it is the world’s first rollercoaster to remove VR and use that statement as a “new for 2019” claim somehow.

5 hours ago, Stuntman707 said:

Ah I love the irony in that they claimed it is the world’s first “dedicated” rollercoaster with VR. About as much dedication as a celebrity marriage. Though they could possibly claim it is the world’s first rollercoaster to remove VR and use that statement as a “new for 2019” claim somehow.

Christ don’t go giving them ideas! 

Are there seriously rumours about them removing the VR already? Cripes. That's incredible.

Those vinyls covered in etched graffiti depresses me greatly, but the queue doesn't exactly help matters. How come you don't see that sort of vandalism at Disney parks? Is it a higher calibre of guest or are they just better at preventing it? 😛

They're just better at prevention/replacement, there's plenty of vandalism in the Paris BTM queue...